Biomedical Equipment Technician - Albuquerque, NM
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips Healthcare as a Biomedical Equipment Technician in the area of Albuquerque, NM where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service! You will provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. The Biomedical Equipment Technician will also serve as customer contact on technical and service related problems. He or she diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures and determines the most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Albuquerque, NM.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to service and maintain biomedical equipment. This is accomplished through individual efforts and the efforts of the site service team.
- Identifying and resolving customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel. The BMET must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about delivering results, ability to establish the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team, or the customer.
- As a company representative, acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information. Also refers information to the appropriate person, provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company, products, etc with the customer, and establishes credibility and trust.
- Ensures customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
- Focuses on fixing the customer as well as the medical products, sets realistic customer expectations, and interfaces with end-users, department managers and supervisors on routine issues.
- Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change, adapts to varying needs and requirements of the customer and the business, and implements best practices.
- Diagnoses & resolves equipment problems with minimal call-back or repeat requests.
- Provides required preventative maintenance, factory modifications, normal installations and service.
You are a part of
Our Global Sales and Services of North America organization. Working within this group, you’d benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a ‘One Team’ culture, you’ll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering.
- At least 1 year servicing medical equipment; general biomedical, patient monitoring, OR equipment preferred
- Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter, etc.
- Fundamentals of Dicom & Networking desirable.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionally.
- PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- CBET certification desirable.
- May be required to: be available 24 x 7 via phone or pager, work alternate shifts, rotate in an on-call status.
- Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
- Lifts parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
- May travel to customer sites other than assigned site, zone office or identified locations for meetings.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)