In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Play a key role in an R&D environment by supporting Mechanical design and development for the next generation of 3D capable ultrasound transducers, improving lives worldwide and pushing the boundaries of diagnostic imaging and interventional guidance.
You are responsible for:
- Mechanical design and process development of state-of-the-art ultrasound imaging transducers (working on parts and processes that will end up in the final product that goes out to the market)
- Supporting new product designs, with a focus on performance, manufacturing, cost, and reliability requirements
- Participation as a technical contributor in dynamic cross discipline transducer product development teams
You are a part of:
A fast paced, innovative, and multidisciplinary team that develops new transducer solutions from clinical requirements to production, working in close collaboration with ultrasound systems and manufacturing groups.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering (MS in Mechanical Engineering is desired)
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering/Design using CAD tools (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience/interest in process development and design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Effective judgment with active, intuitive listening to identify needs
- Self-starter, highly motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to interface with customers and be effective at managing vendors and suppliers
* US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
* Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates must live within commuting distance to Cambridge, MA..
In return, we offer you:
An exciting opportunity to design/develop technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine across the globe. The technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio and is a key differentiator of Philips Ultrasound from our competitors. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)