3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 weeks ago on May 13, 2020

Software Engineer - CT/AMI Imaging Software

Full-time in Orange, US
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,181 ratings from 82 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Software Engineer - CT/AMI Imaging Software

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Rapidly deliver cost effective, robust, innovative and high performance Image Chain solutions to our customers by building a common, scalable and extendible CT/AMI image formation Software platform.

You are responsible for

• Creating high quality and reliable software with a features driven development (FDD) approach using Agile methodology
  • Actively participating in sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and backlog refinement. Contributes to continuous improvement of the team, software and processes
  • Designing, coding, documenting, testing (automated), maintaining and deploying software
  • Supports DevOps in deploying software
  • Providing technical solutions that conform to requirements with a strong focus on end-users, high quality (QMS/regulatory standards), performance, safety and security standards
  • Sets, monitors and ensures to meet own performance metrics
  • Defines, monitors and meets performance and quality metrics
  • Remaining abreast of technical knowledge by studying and implementing state-of-the-art programming techniques and development tools, participating in educational opportunities, participating in communities of practice, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks

You are a part of

Our CT/AMI Imaging Software R&D team which is a part of our Diagnostic Imaging (DI) business unit. This is a focused and agile team of talented specialists with deep knowledge and skills in imaging physics and its implementation. This group delivers targeted high quality solutions, leveraging scalable architecture and best general design practices.

Check out the links below to learn more about our CT and AMI portfolio's

CT portfolio - https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/solutions/computed-tomography

AMI Portfolio - https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/solutions/advanced-molecular-imaging

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related technical degree, or equivalent professional software engineering experience.
  • 3+ years of relevant experience in full life-cycle software engineering.
  • Experience with signal and/or image processing is highly preferred
  • Current Programming Languages (e.g., C++, C# .NET, C, and scripting languages).
  • Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
  • Experience software reliability activities such as code reviews, white box testing, TDD, etc.
  • Working with Source code control and Software build & test automation scripting.
  • Ability to function independently while collaborating effectively in a Team environment
  • Agile development experience preferred.
  • US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1