3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 17, 2020

Intern - R&D

Full-time in Maple Grove, MN
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Intern - R&D

Intern – R&D Summer Intern – Maple Grove, MN – Summer 2021

Are you interested in an Internship opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing an undergraduate (BS) degree to participate in a 3 month paid opportunity in our Minnesota office. Through this role, you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience working for a Health-Tech company.

In this role, you have the opportunity to

We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Student to develop R&D Medical Device experience by supporting new product development programs aimed to treat vascular diseases.  In this role you will learn and execute research and development activities associated to product development life cycle.

You are responsible for

Assisting in research and development activities associated with new product development.

This may include creation of new: the creation of test fixtures, developing and validating test methods, and building and testing prototypes.

You are a part of

As a part of Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices Research & Development organization, you will help our business enable healthcare providers to decide, guide, treat, and confirm in one setting, thereby optimizing care, reducing costs and getting patients back to the lives they love.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s in mechanical or biomedical engineering
  • Desire to understand and communicate how product is used, designed and manufactured and establish test methods to evaluate design concepts
  • Detail oriented, highly organized and be able to communicate information effectively
  • Ability to multitask, take ownership, and collaborate cross functionally with others
  • Experience using SolidWorks, Excel, and Minitab

In return, we offer you

The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips.  Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran