Senior Embedded Software Development Systems Engineer
In this role as an Senior Embedded Software Development Engineer, you will design, implement and test ultrasound components which integrate with the overall feature design and implementation.
These tasks will encompass, as necessary, a broad range of software development disciplines including application, infrastructure, and signal path development.
You will own the successful delivery of the software components as well as all associated multi-phase software process deliverables including software test and requirements management. Development will be completed in object-oriented C++ in a Microsoft Windows Embedded environment.
You are part of
The R&D Platform Engineering team, where you will get to work with the best Engineers in Medical Ultrasound and develop Ultrasound products that are helping to save lives every day. We have product development activities taking place across multiple locations in the United States and around the world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems. Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Extensive Experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C++) and Visual Studio
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with RTOS such as ThreadX
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Familiarity with Power PC’s or embedded ARM cores
- Working experience with software versioning tools (Clearcase preferred)
- Knowledge of DSP fundamentals and image processing is a plus
- Familiarity with neural network training desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including HW, ASIC, SW engineers, product managers, and clinical specialists
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with medical devices and/or working in a regulated environment a plus
*US work authorization is a preconditon of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
*Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to develop technology that is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthtech portfolio and has proven to be elusive to our competitors. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and an atmosphere that supports your professional growth. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)