3.4 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 7, 2019

Cloud Developer

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,033 ratings from 70 current or former employees. 22 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Cloud Developer

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Work as a front end web developer working collaboratively with Engineering departments, contributing to defining success, and growing our family of products in a fast-paced, hard-working environment.

You are responsible for

• Making a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process.
  • Develops new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications.
  • Cross-platform and cross-browser work, web standards and best practices
  • Working on multiple projects independently with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders
  • Switching rapidly between different projects and programs

You are a part of

Philips HealthSuite digital platform team is the center for first time right cloud expertise and regulatory compliant cloud infrastructure and platform as a service. HSDP allows Philips partners the cloud expertise and capabilities to connect devices, collect electronic health data, aggregate and store data securely, analyze data and create solutions on the cloud.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Front-End web development experience (Javascript / Typescript, CSS/SCSS, Vue.js), (course work or private projects)
  • Backend development experience with Python
  • Systems work experience (git, docker, bash)
  • Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment; flexible in meeting deadlines and urgent requests
  • Strong verbal and written communication skills; can communicate and collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
  • US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa
  • Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location

Preferred Skills

• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
  • Hands on experience with version control tools
  • Detail oriented, self-motivated, disciplined, organized, and proactive

In return, we offer you

The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.