Patient Monitoring Field Service Engineer 2 (CCNA) (Home-Based: Tampa, FL)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
We challenge you to join Philips Healthcare as a Field Service Engineer supporting Patient Monitoring where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service!
As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
Philips is seeking a Patient Monitoring Field Service Engineer to be placed in the Tampa FL area. The Connect Care Team serves the healthcare community through efficient management of capital medical equipment installations in various critical care and surgical areas.
- Establishes positive customer experiences and relationships.
- Active support to implement service strategies to achieve customer loyalty.
- Manage customer relationships and effectively partner with peers and regional sales counterparts.
- Active support of the transition from break fix operating model to customer solution focused operating model (account management).
- Keep customer and other stakeholders informed throughout the implementation
- Active support to improve operational performance and compliance individually and across CCT.
- Active support of change initiatives to improve efficiencies, productivity, and the execution of business commitments.
- Active support of team accountability through active participation in CCT.
- Manages all company assets effectively and per company policy.
- PRS connectivity at PIIC iX installations (Install FSE only).
- Active support of financial performance results within CCT including service revenue and equipment revenue.
- Collaboratively develop territory strategy to drive growth and productivity with the highest level of integrity.
- Works cross functionally to manage risks and identify growth opportunities (e.g. install base, VAS, Multi-Vendor, PCMS, US, IS) and leverages CCTs to support the growth.
- Takes initiative to continuously develop technical and professional skills commensurate with business strategy and applicable emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of product / healthcare environment and is able to articulate customer use models.
- Able to effectively and efficiently utilize all test equipment and tools.
- Demonstrates solid Problem Solving Skills and Resourcefulness.
- Contribute to the overall success of PCMS Services by supporting decisions, aligning to strategies, and crossing boundaries to remove roadblocks for the attainment of team goals and objectives.
- Evident leadership and participation in CCT.
- Serves as a mentor and/or host for the orientation process; follows standard orientation process.
- May be involved in National projects.
- Participates and/or leads zone project team(s).
- Viewed as a resource to the sales and clinical team.
- Participates in fostering teamwork with local sales and clinical team.
- Demonstrates the ability to hold a crucial conversation, might involve manager.
- Communicates appropriately to other team member’s customer concerns.
- Gives feedback to internal team members and their managers for a job well done, including 3rd party providers.
You are a part of a team
Works within the Customer Connected Services organization. This division of Philips Healthcare specializes in the installation and service of patient monitoring devices, networks, and telemetry
As hospital environments become more integrated the service organization is looking to expand its ability to install and service complex networks as well and consult with customers on high
To succeed in this role, you
should have the following skills and experience
- BS Computer Science/Biomed disciplines with at least 3 years’ experience or AS Computer Science/Biomed disciplines with 5+ years’
experience in Healthcare / IT Technologies.
- CCNA certification required
- Microsoft and other certifications are desirable (i.e. MCTS, MCITP, VM WARE)
- Knowledge of Patient Monitoring systems preferred
- Previous experience working in a hospital environment required.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Influence internal and external resources to a stated objective without formal authority.
- Deliver required results with high levels of customer satisfaction, both internal external.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from home office location.
· Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
· Frequently in contact with electrical equipment and wireless networks.
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical test equipment.
· Average driving is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required.
· Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
· Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
· Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
· Regularly speaks, hears, and views computers.
· Frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lift or carry up to 50 pounds, with assistance available.
· Occasionally twist, and crawl.
· Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and extended reach.
· Regular grasping and repetitive hand movements.
· Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, safety glasses, hard hat, hard toed shoes, and medical rubber gloves.
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)