Product Manager, North America Marketing, IGTD
We welcome you to join Philips IGT-Devices as a Product Manager, North America Marketing, Coronary Imaging in our San Diego, CA location.
In this role, you have the opportunity to work with a cutting edge product line - IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
The primary focus for the North America Product Manager, Coronary Imaging is ownership of the Coronary Imaging franchise. In this role, you will own and will be accountable for the positioning and success in the marketplace. This includes product launch planning and execution, including but not limited to market segmentation, targeting, product positioning, key messaging, pricing, and profitability analysis and campaign development.
In addition, as the North America Product Manager, Coronary Imaging you will drive strategies for the product line through lifecycle maintenance, and campaigns, through collaboration with the cross-functional product team ensuring VOC is heard. In this position, you must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and will interact on a regular basis with QA/RA, Global Marketing, Sales, Customers and Senior Leadership. You will also take ownership and ensure the needs of the market are accurately reflected in the demand planning process.
You are responsible for
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are exceeded for the assigned product line
- Drive all marketing deliverables including business plans, pricing, positioning, promotional strategies, life cycle plans, demand planning, product retirement and advising on future product developments
- Analyze and report regularly on product forecasts via highly data driven metrics
- Formulate new downstream promotional strategies as needed, to succeed in life cycle management and based on competitive marketplace activity
- Manage inventory tightly with high degree of monthly predictability, communicating openly with sales and operations/procurement
- Manage project budgets and quickly analyze data to determine ROI on marketing programs and modify programs accordingly
- Develop comprehensive sales and physician training plans in close collaboration with training and education
- Routinely communicate with the sales force regarding product updates and availability, competitive activity, sales positioning, best practices
- Work closely with key thought leaders (KTLs) to maximize their participation in launch activities
- Lead tradeshow activities for product, and support in person where required
- Collaborate with upstream marketing, training and education, and clinical research counterparts to translate activities into marketplace success.
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science, or engineering, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years of medical device/medical products marketing experience
- Medical device sales experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must have a good understanding of the medical environment, being comfortable in the cardiac catheter lab to effectively respond to market concerns and provide technical support for products
- Able to convert product/customer feedback into valuable insights that can help drive the development of new marketing programs
- Ability to competently represent the Company at professional functions and customer meetings
- Excellent advocacy and persuasive skills, both inter- and intra-departmentally
- Proficient software skills across all standard programs; Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction
- A healthy disdain for the status quo, and a willingness to question existing practices to identify better alternatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the Philips General Business Principles
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards, seeking continuous improvement in ways of working to drive greater efficiency and purpose
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is requisite to success
- Experience working in a matrixed environment with distributed accountabilities and unclear precedents.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)