In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Expert knowledge and ability to design, create, develop and manage systems, for example, factory automation, process automation, and warehouse automation.
- Design, program, simulate, and test automated machinery and processes for FDA food processing plants and robots.
- Demonstrable success functioning as a controls design engineer on multiple automation projects as well as troubleshooting equipment.
- Develop and Maintain Automated Processes.
- Seek out areas of Automated Process Improvements and Implement Corrective Actions.
- Provide Engineering Support to Business Units to Troubleshoot and Resolve Technical Issues.
- Initiates and leads multi-disciplinary change projects and/or industrialization projects at business level
- Advanced Understanding of PLC Programming, HMI, vision systems, and robotics.
- Continuous improvement projects at department level. Represents Operations in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Introduces new products from Development to Operations. Specifies requirements from Operations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ Years of hands-on automated engineering experience in a Manufacturing Environment. Experience with KUKA or Universal Robotics equipment preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma/5S Experience (certifications preferred).
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)