System Engineering Lead
In this role, you have the opportunity to
provide interdisciplinary leadership to architecture, definition and validation of our solutions that satisfy customer needs by integrating subsystems, technologies and features. The group partners with Development, Product Management, Support Engineering and Field/Market Organizations to develop and enhance requirements and deployment/support strategies.
In this role you lead a team of Systems Engineers in our Patient Monitoring Business while developing and enhancing the Systems Engineering definition beyond the current status quo. The team is working for different products and projects touching reliability and performance aspects and approaching requirements engineering. Topics like Model Based Systems Engineering are on the horizon and need to be analyzed, strategized and planned for various products. You implement priorities given by the management and stakeholders together with the team and work with our System Architects on technical details. This is a hands on role as well. Working with the team on technical challenges is necessary. You report to the Senior Manager for Systems Engineering. This role currently does not include disciplinary leadership.
You like technical challenges and working on cutting edge technologies with great people in your team? You’re a doer? Work for us - one of Philips’ largest and highest performing businesses!
You are responsible for
- Lead the efforts in enhancing and implementing the strategy for Systems Engineering.
- Lead the transition in the organization towards systems engineering mindset
- Lead a team of six Systems Engineers
- Represent the group cross functional
- Proactive negotiate, plan and prioritize work-items
- Work closely with other groups and organizations within Philips
- Continuous improvement of procedures, tooling, and methodologies
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or relevant equivalent technical experience
- In this leadership role; you are a team player, have a proven track record for driving change and cont. improvement, have a positive attitude and an open communication style.
- Ability to drive best practices, mentor others, and advocate for technical innovation
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Experience with requirements management and corresponding tool like DOORS, PTC Integrity or equivalent.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering and modeling in e.g. SysML
- 3+ years’ experience in a comparable technical leadership role, e.g. Lead of a Systems Engineering Group or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience required in an Engineering role with Software or System Development, ideally worked as a Systems Engineer
- Understanding of IEC 62304, ISO 14971, IEC 60601, FDA and MDD design control requirements for medical devices
- Familiarity with IEC 80001
- Experience with Enterprise IT tools, infrastructure, and processes. (E.g. Routing, switching, and firewalls. SCCM or WSUS, Managed anti-virus products and whitelisting.) as well as familiarity with Active Directory domain services, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience with Microsoft Platforms (Windows, SQL Server), Powershell, VMWare or any other Hypervisor technology, IT (Network) Infrastructures ideally on enterprise level, Docker or equivalent container technologies.
- This role will be located in Cambridge, MA but some travel to Andover, MA will be required initially
In return, we offer you
Our team is dynamic and fast-moving, creating best-in-class Healthcare Technology solutions. Our customers expect that the solutions we provide are world class and assist them with improving and saving lives. Come join our Solutions Robustness team where you will be testing, integrating, and supporting our interconnected patient monitoring products and solutions. Our team members live by the company values where we take responsibility, team up to excel, and are eager to win
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)