Product Industrialization/ Process Engineer
We welcome you to join Philips Ultrasound as a Product Industrialization/ Process Engineer in our Bothell, WA location
In this role:
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for technology and personal growth to drive the “Design for manufacturability & Assembly” input into product requirements and designs, and to design, develop and launch new Ultrasound Systems production lines. The candidate will be part of a fast-paced concurrent engineering team comprised of all functional disciplines to bring new products to market.
You are responsible for:
- Providing root cause analysis of design, process and quality issues found on the production floor during prototype builds
- Evaluating designs for Manufacturing & assembly and execute production readiness builds.
- Developing and launching Lean manufacturing processes and controls
- Designing and implementing production test fixtures, assembly jigs and tools
- Assisting and leading continuous improvement through Lean methodologies
- Providing support in the dispositioning of discrepant material
- Creating new, and update existing process documentation
- Performing process characterizations and validations
- Providing training and technical support as required to enhance the skills of other engineers, technicians and operators
- Performing other duties as required to support the needs of the business
- Performing engineering analyses relevant to calibration of torque tools
You are a part of
You will be part of the Philips Ultrasound Systems Product Industrialization (PI) team, responsible for industrialization work stream. Philips ultrasound machines bring innovative solutions to clinical complexity while simplifying workflow. Our suite of Ultrasound systems Philips Healthcare Ultrasound is designed to meet the many unique challenges – you can make a difference in your new role every day
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- BS or MS in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Methodical, effective troubleshooting/problem solving skills required
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD design preferred
- Experience with plastics, sheet metal design & processing methods preferred
- Work experience in an industrial environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) & Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) required
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain/Manufacturing principles and implementation of Design for Excellence (DFx) inputs to designs preferred.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering tools and Lean Manufacturing principles preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills preferred
- Experience with FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing in a Lean production environment preferred
- Experience working with suppliers to resolve technical issues preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools required
- Up to 20% global travel
In return, we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more about the Ultrasound manufacturing and testing process.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the United States currently.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)