3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 weeks ago on July 28, 2020

Software Engineer

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Software Engineer

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Be an integral part of the Innovation Solution Hub team, responsible for developing complex software in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.

You are responsible for

• Design, implementation, integration and test of software, component or modules in high quality, according to requirements
  • Complying and aligning with software development standards within the team (processes and methodologies, quality of requirements, design, coding and testing)
  • Carrying out complicated development and rapid prototyping tasks
  • Translating market needs to implementation requirements, while considering the overall solution
  • Promoting domain knowledge, innovative thinking and customer understanding
  • Promoting trust, openness and leverage external capabilities locally and globally
  • Staying updated on latest technology and bringing this insight into the team

You are a part of

The Innovation Solution Hub is part of a global solutions incubator that will serve the needs of target customer segments across North America.  New Business Creation and Development is vital for the success of Philips on its mission to become a leading integrated solutions provider across the Health Continuum, leveraging new digital technologies and innovative business models.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent

• 2+ years of software development experience

• Experience programming in an object-oriented language, C# is strongly preferred

• Experience and understanding of HTML5/CSS, JavaScript

• Experience with Android and/or iOS app development strongly preferred

• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems

• Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges

• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including engineers, product managers, and clinical specialists

• Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills

• Ability to derive creative and innovative solutions by thinking "outside the box"

• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions

• Excellent verbal and written communication skills

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1