In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be an integral part of the Innovation Solution Hub team, responsible for developing complex software in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
You are responsible for
- Design, implementation, integration and test of software, component or modules in high quality, according to requirements
- Complying and aligning with software development standards within the team (processes and methodologies, quality of requirements, design, coding and testing)
- Carrying out complicated development and rapid prototyping tasks
- Translating market needs to implementation requirements, while considering the overall solution
- Promoting domain knowledge, innovative thinking and customer understanding
- Promoting trust, openness and leverage external capabilities locally and globally
- Staying updated on latest technology and bringing this insight into the team
You are a part of
The Innovation Solution Hub is part of a global solutions incubator that will serve the needs of target customer segments across North America. New Business Creation and Development is vital for the success of Philips on its mission to become a leading integrated solutions provider across the Health Continuum, leveraging new digital technologies and innovative business models.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Experience programming in an object-oriented language, C# is strongly preferred
• Experience with Android and/or iOS app development strongly preferred
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
• Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including engineers, product managers, and clinical specialists
• Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills
• Ability to derive creative and innovative solutions by thinking "outside the box"
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)