3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on July 22, 2020

Business Development Specialist - Image Guided Therapy

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Business Development Specialist - Image Guided Therapy

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Make an impact on the future of image-guided therapy.  You will define, coordinate, and drive activities that are focused on value proposition creation with a customer-centric approach that combines cutting-edge technologies into a clinical solution.  This position will be located at the Philips Innovation Hub in Cambridge, MA.

You are responsible for

• Identifying new opportunities for improving image-guided interventions.
  • Conducting market and competitor analyses.
  • Creating and refining value propositions for new products together with scientists, care providers, marketing, and sales
  • Evaluating potential business models, developing business cases, and identifying requirements and risks
  • Presenting strategic recommendations

You are a part of

Philips has offerings spanning components, modules, systems, turnkey projects and services, and is recognized as a pioneer and leader in the healthcare industry. We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system and providers. Philips delivers advanced solutions to health professionals to meet the needs of patients, and to empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in a hospital or at home.

We work in multidisciplinary teams. Philips Research has been one of the world’s premier research labs since 1914. We develop scientific, engineering and business innovations to enhance health and well-being.

For more information about Philips Research, please visit: www.research.philips.com

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• MBA with 2+ years of industry experience (preferred) or Bachelors with 4+ years relevant work experience
  • Marketing/business development experience required
  • Healthcare or medical device industry experience required
  • Experience in upstream marketing, value proposition creation (including value creation and value capture), business model and business case development
  • Experience with data-driven decision making
  • Knowledge of US reimbursement coding process
  • Strong communication skills across a variety of functions (e.g. engineering, sales, marketing, healthcare providers)
  • Experience in interventional image-guided procedures or surgery a strong plus

In return, we offer you

At Philips, we move closer to achieving our goals by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our research and business provide unique opportunities to develop cutting edge clinical solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1