3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 6 days ago on Oct. 15, 2020

R&D SW/HW Intern

Full-time in Bothell, WA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

R&D SW/HW Intern

Intern – R&D Engineer – Bothell, WA – Summer 2021

We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree to join Philips as a Software Engineer Intern in our Bothell, WA location for a 3 - 6+ month long internship to play a role in creating our next generation of ultrasound products.

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Work with the best engineers in medical ultrasound and be part of a high functioning team. You will be making a positive difference each and every day by developing ultrasound products that are helping to save lives all around the world.

You are responsible for

The Intern will join a team of talented engineers on the design and test of features or modules of an Ultrasound Medical Imaging product.

·       Strong academic records and engineering foundation in a breadth of topics

·       Curiosity and desire to learn and grow as a technical and business leader

·       Outstanding personal, communication and soft-skills

·       Passion for making a difference in the World

You are a part of

Our Ultrasound group within Philips Healthcare, located at our Bothell, WA facility.  We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

·       College student pursuing a BS or MS with a major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent

·       0-2 years’ software development experience which may include internship and/or co-op experience

·       Knowledge of and/or experience with modern object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C++), design and coding

·       Ability to analyze and solve complex problems

·       Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges

·       Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further. Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Colorado Springs.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran