Sr. Global Product Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead product management for next generation products and solutions including accessories such as sensors, electrodes, batteries, data solutions and service solutions. Team up with internal stakeholders including Supply Chain, Market to Order, Regulatory, Quality and Engineering to win in the market by delivering timely, valuable products and solutions to customers. Gather deep customer insights to inform the right product and feature requirements enabling our customers and distributors to be successful. Establish strong collaborative relationships with members of Engineering, Research, Program Management, Supply Chain, Quality and Regulatory. Evaluate product sales performance and make enhancements as required. Work in a team oriented, results driven culture of people who are passionate about saving more and more lives from sudden cardiac arrest.
You are responsible for
- Develop winning value propositions for the product line, and deliver customer requirements, business plans, competitive strategies, pricing analyses, sales/revenue forecasts, product positioning plans and launch plans
- Tailor solutions in the product line to meet the needs of target customer segments
- Drive vision and execution of major launches
- Effectively translate complex product features into easily understood, impactful customer messages
- Manage cross-functional projects and initiatives that require problem solving, information analysis and synthesis, using strong interpersonal skills.
- Act as the key externally focused contact for internal departments including Engineering, Research, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, and Supply Chain
- Collaborate with Engineering, Supply Chain, Field Marketing, Sales and Customers to gather, prioritize and document clear and specific product requirements by understanding customer needs
- Own business case by working with Field Marketing, Supply Chain, Key Markets and Finance to effectively forecast demand, profit margins, and average selling price by market; work with members of Supply Chain to ensure the demand plan is met
- Collaborate frequently with worldwide Key Market colleagues to develop and share information about product launch, competition, and technology upgrades as appropriate, and to gain information about market landscape and customer needs
- Conduct customer visits, travel globally as needed
- Support sales meetings as needed
- Cultivate networks with key opinion leaders in the industry as well as with key stakeholders within the company
- Support and provide guidance on the creation of marketing collateral including catalogs, websites and other publications
- Work with key internal departments to help resolve product line issues
- Forecast revenue or savings opportunities associated with product development initiatives; create business cases and present to executive management
- Distill key questions needing answered to make product feature and pricing decisions; select and guide appropriate market research projects to answer those key questions
- Develop the product and solution pricing strategies
- Contribute to the development of an annual departmental budget by forecasting needed spend
- Regularly interface with executive management
- Escalate early potential issues associated with product line and recommend mitigation strategies
- Perform all activities in compliance with the Quality System
- Perform duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies and/or governmental regulations.
You are a part of
Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) team which is a key business along the continuum of care, and has a broad product portfolio of advanced life support solutions, automated external defibrillators, and data management solutions
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 3+ years of successful prior experience in the medical device industry desired
- 5+ years of successful prior experience in product marketing
- Must be viewed as a leader and be able to act independently with direction from supervisor
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills a must
- Solid foundation of critical thinking, information synthesis, organization and time management
- Skilled at influence, decision making, collaboration; experience working across functional teams
- Personally motivated, creative thinker and accountable team player
- Demonstrated ability to respectfully provide feedback to colleagues and to be thoughtfully receptive to feedback
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office products, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfortable traveling up to 20% within US and globally
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)