In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Participate in troubleshooting, development, test, documentation and implementation of design changes necessary to support continuous improvement activities in released medical devices. The candidate will work on tasks and projects necessary to meet goals for products in production in the Sleep Therapy business group, including Sleep, Diagnostics and Patient Interface.
- You will lead engineering activities related to post release support of medical products by carrying out the following tasks:
- Initiate design improvements to existing product designs to improve quality, cost, marketability and manufacturing efficiency.
- As required, select materials and processes appropriate for these design changes
- Troubleshoot components and systems, including conducting predictive analysis and calculations.
- Work closely with Procurement and/or vendors to obtain parts and create prototypes.
- Write test protocols, conduct tests, analyze data, and report results.
- Successfully interact with associates in other departments at all levels of the organization to achieve project and product objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, Operations, Procurement, Design Quality, Regulatory and engineering staff.
- Develop new test methods and tools as necessary. Specify, acquire, and maintain lab equipment.
- Operate lab instruments such as manometers, flow meters, data acquisition systems, environmental chambers, and computer programs.
- Be a highly motivated, self-disciplined, open-minded individual possessing hands-on skills.
You are a part of:
A diverse, cross-functional team of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers that are responsible for support of products post-release. This includes Design for Excellence (DFX), Business Marketing Commitments and traditional sustaining engineering work.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 1+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering/Design
- Minimum of a BS in Mechanical, Plastics, Biomedical, or related engineering discipline from an accredited university program, MS Desired
- Ability to document requirements, tests, and designs.
- Ability to rapidly develop engineering concepts and drive them to functional prototypes.
- Ability to effectively utilize both empirical and theoretical methods to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge in design of injection molded plastic parts, materials selection, stress analysis, airflow patterns and properties is a definite plus.
- Experience with CFD analysis, FEA, and/or other analytical software programs.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals on a project team.
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering and scientific principles to solve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in the design and development of medical devices or the medical device industry is a plus.
In return, we offer you:
An exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative, multidisciplinary team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Philips is a leading innovator in the field of Sleep & Respiratory Care.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)