SW Development Engineer in Test
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop software testing tools and methodologies that support the embedded testing of complex medical software systems, improve test efficiency, and positively impact test efficacy. Participate in the software testing of ultrasound products, providing technical test insights on features under development and executing technical workflows to ensure the highest level of product quality.
You are responsible for
- Development of a software test tool suite which is accessible to test engineers within the team, meets the requirements as set by those engineers, and which supports the team’s objectives. Provide recommendations for, and development of, software testing tools based on industry standards and insights derived from test experience.
- Embedded pre-delivery (embedded) software testing as a member of a development scrum team to help identify defects prior to code delivery. Provides test expertise and support for the team. Active participant in scrum team discussions regarding feature readiness and feature delivery planning.
- Post-delivery software systems testing as a member of the SIT (Systems Integration & Test) team to ensure software deliveries do not generate collateral defects and integrate properly within legacy software.
- Generation of defect reports and verification of corrected technical defects.
You are a part of
You will be a member of an Agile development/test team with responsibilities for developing test tools, designing and developing software test plans and strategies for new NPI features, and executing systems and software tests and test procedures in support of product development on ultrasound systems.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A bachelor's (or master's) degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- Excellent communication skills, good computer skills including MS office applications.
- Must be a fast learner capable of accepting and dealing with dynamic program changes
- Must have a willingness and passion to deep-dive into problems found including assisting with white-box system assessment
- Technical internship experience-preferred
- Knowledge of Agile development process-preferred
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (e.g., C++, C#) and scripting languages (e.g., XML)-Preferred
In return, we offer you
The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)