3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on June 26, 2020

SW Development Engineer in Test

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

SW Development Engineer in Test

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Develop software testing tools and methodologies that support the embedded testing of complex medical software systems, improve test efficiency, and positively impact test efficacy.   Participate in the software testing of ultrasound products, providing technical test insights on features under development and executing technical workflows to ensure the highest level of product quality.

You are responsible for

• Development of a software test tool suite which is accessible to test engineers within the team, meets the requirements as set by those engineers, and which supports the team’s objectives. Provide recommendations for, and development of, software testing tools based on industry standards and insights derived from test experience.
  • Embedded pre-delivery (embedded) software testing as a member of a development scrum team to help identify defects prior to code delivery. Provides test expertise and support for the team. Active participant in scrum team discussions regarding feature readiness and feature delivery planning.
  • Post-delivery software systems testing as a member of the SIT (Systems Integration & Test) team to ensure software deliveries do not generate collateral defects and integrate properly within legacy software.
  • Generation of defect reports and verification of corrected technical defects.

You are a part of

You will be a member of an Agile development/test team with responsibilities for developing test tools, designing and developing software test plans and strategies for new NPI features, and executing systems and software tests and test procedures in support of product development on ultrasound systems.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• A bachelor's (or master's) degree in computer science or related technical discipline
  • Excellent communication skills, good computer skills including MS office applications.
  • Must be a fast learner capable of accepting and dealing with dynamic program changes
  • Must have a willingness and passion to deep-dive into problems found including assisting with white-box system assessment
  • Technical internship experience-preferred
  • Knowledge of Agile development process-preferred
  • Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (e.g., C++, C#) and scripting languages (e.g., XML)-Preferred

In return, we offer you

The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1