Molding Engineer ( Sonicare) Ontario, California
We welcome you to join Philips as a Molding Process Engineer within our Oral Healthcare (Sonicare) business in our Ontario California location
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As Injection Molding Process Engineer is a "hands-on" position that plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality injection molded product. The Molding Engineer is responsible for coordinating the molding efforts on new program launches, setting up and/or revising manufacturing processes and assisting the manufacturing operations in problem solving and continuous process improvements. While monitoring the effectiveness of processes this individual quantifies results, documents and presents findings to management and prepares reports. This position also mentors and provides training to other injection molding personnel.
- Develop new molding processes, assess and document new and existing processes. Implement and evaluate changes to existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity and overall equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to process technicians, operators and other molding personnel.
- Develop and maintain molding process documentation ensuring that processes and procedures are clearly stated and understandable for all employees. Provide technical support/solutions to manufacturing processes, improve yield and throughput, drive cost reduction activities and improve on part quality.
- Demonstrated ability to start-up, operate and shut down process related equipment. Must be able to work independently on new molding process development as well as troubleshooting current production issues.
- Work with equipment and material vendors to resolve machine and material issues.
- Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycles, process capability and tooling history.
- Interact with customers to resolve issues and provide new project updates.
- Implement technical solutions including statistical methodology to meet customer cost, quality, and delivery expectations.
- Facilitate and support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental, and ergonomics efforts
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- B.S. degree in Plastics, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of practical work experience in an Injection Molding Operation.
- Strong and diverse technical background in injection molding processing, tooling, equipment, materials, manufacturing and quality.
- Self-starter must be able to work with little direction and with a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to manage multiple start-up projects.
- Demonstrated superior communication (written and verbal), teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and recommend options.
In return, we offer you
Lead with best practices to enable our organization to provide high quality products to our customers.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)