3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 2, 2020

SW Development Engineer in Test

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

SW Development Engineer in Test

In this role, you have the opportunity to:

Participate in the software testing of ultrasound products, providing technical test insights on features under development and executing technical workflows to ensure the highest level of product quality.  You will be a member of an Agile development/test team with dual responsibilities for designing and developing software test plans and strategies for new NPI features, and executing systems and software tests and test procedures in support of product development on ultrasound systems.

You are responsible for

• Embedded pre-delivery (embedded) software testing as a member of a development scrum team to help identify defects prior to code delivery. Provides test expertise and support for the team. Active participant in scrum team discussions regarding feature readiness and feature delivery planning.
  • Post-delivery software systems testing as a member of the SIT (Systems Integration & Test) team to ensure software deliveries do not generate collateral defects and integrate properly within legacy software.
  • Generation of defect reports and verification of corrected technical defects.
  • Working alongside development engineering to provide functional and technical feedback and defect triage and insight

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• A bachelor's (or master's) degree in computer science or related technical discipline
  • Excellent communication skills, good computer skills including MS office applications.
  • Must be a fast learner capable of accepting and dealing with dynamic program changes
  • Must have a willingness and passion to deep-dive into problems found including assisting with white-box system assessment
  • Technical internship experience-preferred
  • Knowledge of Agile development process-preferred
  • Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (e.g., C++, C#) and scripting languages (e.g., XML)-Preferred

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location

In return, we offer you:

The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran