3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 3 weeks ago on Nov. 11, 2019

Biomedical Equipment Site Lead (Jordan Valley, UT)

Full-time in Salt Lake City, UT
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,084 ratings from 75 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Biomedical Equipment Site Lead (Jordan Valley, UT)

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Join Philips Healthcare as the Lead Biomedical Equipment Technician for 3 facilities in Southern Salt Lake City where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service! As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.

You are responsible for

• The identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel. Maintaining customer satisfaction is the primary goal.
  • Directing resident site engineers, support staff contractors, and maintains in-depth knowledge of contractual obligations
  • Managing all aspects of service delivery which includes servicing products that would normally extend beyond radiology including bio-medical, laboratory, MIS or PPE, along with assisting with PMs of equipment to meet compliance goals on a monthly basis.
  • Setting priorities and schedules for service actions and assigns responsibilities to personnel accordingly.
  • Facilitating the continued development of a high performance work team comprised of the site-dedicated staff and actively strives to promote the appropriate environment for team growth.
  • Providing follow-up to insure service quality, customer satisfaction and contract compliance, and regulatory compliance.
  • Serving as a member of hospital safety committee, equipment selection committee, facility planning committee and/or other formal hospital committees as requested by the customer and participating in customers departmental meetings as a technical advisor.
  • Responsible for monitoring the overall service delivery and coordination of all aspects of customer service, including, but not limited to:
    • Manage Facilities’ equipment inventory and oversee the service schedules for equipment covered under this Agreement and the new equipment under the OEM’s warranty.
    • Resolve any service-related issues with Philips Service Center and other OEMs.
    • Coordinate with OEMs to ensure Facilities receive any no-cost upgrades and enhancements in a timely manner.
    • Provide reports (i.e., The Joint Commission reports) upon mutual agreement between the Site Manager and customer.
    • Coordinate with Facility Finance Offices/Accounts Payable on any invoicing and payment-related issues.

You are a part of

Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you’ll benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Associate’s degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics, electrical or Biomedical Engineering.
  • Minimum of 5 years servicing biomedical equipment
  • Previous lead/supervisory experience require
  • Experience or trained on Life Support / High Risk Equipment
  • The ability to effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
  • Has a strong working knowledge of state and federal regulations with the ability to insure department readiness for state and JCAHO inspections.
  • The ability to work well within conflicts; reads situations quickly; and be good at focused listening.
  • The ability to marshal resources to get things done, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, use all available resources effectively and efficiently, and communicate need, status, and outcome in a useful manner.
  • The commitment to blend people into teams when needed, openly share wins and successes; and define success in terms of the whole team.
  • This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1