Director – Business Development Informatics
You are a part of:
The Connected Care (CC) Business is the global leader in providing patient monitoring, population health, and therapeutic care solutions. The Connected Care Cluster has the ambition to seamlessly connect patients, caregivers and ultimately consumers both inside and outside the hospital, enabling true networks of care. We will build on our existing strengths, bringing together monitoring and therapeutic devices, software and services to create smart solutions to deliver on the quadruple aim of value-based healthcare. The Connected Care Cluster has approximately $4.8B in revenue and 17% EBITA.
The role is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Being a close counterpart to the Head of Strategy of Connected Care Informatics to ensure effective understanding and execution of defined inorganic strategies
- Translates related cross cluster business strategies into an executable inorganic strategy, including potential targets and partnerships in the health informatics markets
- Ensures up-to-date overview of emerging market players, technical, and application development in the defined market categories to ensure active understanding of emerging targets and partners.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with EMR companies in North America, including Cerner and Epic
- Teams effectively with senior management and interacts with major customers to actively build a network to stay on top of new developments and insights in defined market categories
- Leads development of high impact opportunities to develop/acquire new solutions or new joint business models and coordinate interactions with 3rd parties
- Determines and triage relationships, manage opportunity funnel with business leadership, and coordinate with strategy on rationale, internal alignment and approvals for the defined categories
- Ensures and validates – working closely with Finance, Ventures, and M&A colleagues – that specific inorganic projects are executed, building openness about progress and potential roadblocks
- Supports post-merger integration definition and planning as part of due diligence, working with due diligence teams and receiving business
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a top tier Strategy Consulting firm (BCG, Bain, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.) plus MBA from a top tier business school
- Or non-MBA candidates: minimum of 7 years Strategy Consulting experience alternatively, 8-12 years in New Business Development or strategy role for a top-tier international company
- International business experience is a plus
- Industry knowledge is considered an advantage
- A Master’s in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- A willingness to travel (25%)
- People skills as well as a results-driven attitude when managing project teams
In return, we offer you
You will be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Business Group Leadership Team and have the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and models. The position is viewed as an exciting assignment and an ideal stepping-stone towards executive opportunities within the broader Philips organization.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)