FPGA Development Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop FPGA Ultrasound technology to support the Philips Ultrasound Platform Development team
You are responsible for
- Participate in development of FPGA firmware for the ultrasound imaging systems
- Develop FPGA requirements, specifications, test plans and other supporting documentation
- Develop detailed FPGA designs from concept through implementation and verification
- Develop complex signal processing system components
- Participate in design reviews
- Provide lifecycle design support
You are a part of
We welcome you to join Philips Ultrasound as a FPGA Development Engineer, Ultrasound Platform Development Engineering in our Cambridge and Andover, MA locations
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Understanding of the HW development processes
- Proven experience with complex FPGA designs using Xilinx and/or Altera parts and toolchains
- Experience with embedded processors, DDRx and USB interfaces
- Experience with PCIe protocol, standard and custom high-speed serial interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of verification technologies and tools
- Familiarity with hands-on debugging tools and techniques
- Knowledge of digital signal processing is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in EE or Computer Science, Master’s preferred
- 7-10 years FPGA development experience which may include internship and/or co-op experience
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve complex system level problems
- Ability to effectively multi-task, managing multiple projects concurrently
- Proven experience working with vendors, suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges
- Knowledge or DSP principles and technologies is highly desirable
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)