Order Management Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
This positions primary responsibility is to processes sales orders in conjunction with our internal project managers, factories and logistics service providers to meet customer requirements related to delivery, installation and invoicing our customers. This role is key to making sure our customers receive the right products at the right place and time and is the focal point for problem resolution for Supply Chain issues.
Be the first to help start up our brand new location in Nashville and join the Commercial Operations team.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Order integrity and timely communication with internal and external customers to resolve any order date alignment issues. Below are some of the main job functions:
- Ensures that a customer order detail changes, per the Project Manager, are updated timely in our Project management and ERP systems.
- Review factory confirmed delivery dates compared to requested delivery date from the project manager and take proper action to align the dates as closely as possible.
- Tracks order shipments to ensure on time and complete deliveries through the Merge Center and to customer sites using various logistical databases and transportation carrier websites. Expedite delivery where applicable.
- Acts as liaison between all functions for the entire life of the order. From order intake to invoice creation; resolving Sales Order processing issues through material delivery
- Validates and processes Defect on Arrival (DEFOA) and Return Order requests to meet departmental turnaround times.
- Escalates issues appropriately and promptly to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
- Ensures established processes are followed and adjusted when more efficient ways of working are brought forth. Actively participate in Philips Lean culture to help drive efficiencies.
- Completes all required and/or assigned training courses within established departmental time frames.
- Complies with Quality Standards and Philips’ standards of business conduct.
- Effectively sets priorities in order to meet workload deadlines, commitments and all applicable established departmental goals.
- Other duties and requirements as required
You are a part of
Governor Bill Haslam recently announced that Philips will be bringing about 800 new jobs to Tennessee. Philips is a global leader in health technology that makes life better for people, like you, through meaningful innovation. This position will be a part of our Global Business Services group responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers. We are looking to build a new team in Nashville of passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse professionals that is powering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2025.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience preferred.
- 2+ years of Supply Chain related business or administration experience is preferred
- 2+ years of business systems experience (ex: SAP/ ERP systems, MS Office, Siebel) & Quality Management systems (ICS Control, SOX etc.) preferred.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and the ability to communicate clearly with both internal and external customers
- Ability to think critically, demonstrate “outside the box” thinking, and meet time sensitive deadlines for customers and resolution of escalated issues
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven collaborative team environment.
- Positive, self-starting, flexible and forward-thinking individual with strong organizational skills who can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Complies with Philips’ quality standards, business conduct, and all established processes are followed
- May be required to work overtime, based on business &/or departmental needs.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to the Greater Nashville area.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)