Sr. Collections Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
You are responsible for
Coordinating and following through on collecting payments, due collections plans, reducing past due, bad debt exposure, and other quantitative targets, by performing portfolio management activities for customer base of key accounts, including:
- Execution of system established collection plan
- Analyze and monitor delinquent account balances, including effective overdue control and follow-up program for all customer accounts that are late, overdue, potentially overdue, or potential written-off
- Contacting clients with past due balances in the portfolio to obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up on payment promises; or claim payments from intermediary (when collections are executed by 3rd parties (limited to some collectors)
- Reporting any disputed/ short paid invoices with reasons for disputes and collaborating with the internal department to expedite resolution/payment
- Perform customer account reconciliation including support to Infosys cash application team for clearing customer payments and credit items
- Preparing proposals ( which team leader or manager approves) for agency placement and write off to bad debt
- Responsible for compliance of ICS checks (CG 50)
- Support and develop accounts receivable lean process improvements, and Master data quality
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the sphere, preferably in a shared service environment
- A professional candidate with a strong collections background in business to business collections with a customer service/retention mindset.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles preferred.
- SAP or similar ERP accounting application experience preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working with Excel specifically (Vlook up and pivot tables)
- Understanding of PCI (payment card industry) Sox compliance (internal control standards) in a collections environment preferred.
- Experience within the healthcare or medical manufacturing industry is beneficial.
- Experience in working with collection software a plus, not required.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)