Senior DevOps Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Rapidly deliver cost effective, robust, innovative and high performance Image Chain solutions to our customers by enabling faster software development cycles, ensuring higher quality releases and speedier time to market deployment.
You are responsible for
- Playing an integral role in shortening software development cycles and feedback loops through rapid release by providing related orchestration/automation (strategy, tools and support)
- Developing build and deployment automation scripts
- Providing necessary tools (e.g. Source control, CI/CD) for the development process and reinforcing development rigor.
- Designing, testing, and deploying the infrastructure for the software product
- Collaborating with engineering teams to manage code releases
- Supporting troubleshooting efforts during production operations (typically tier 3).
- Developing methods and approaches for DevOps. Influencing and educating teams involved in the software development life cycle while also focusing on design, test, and deployment from a DevOps perspective
You are a part of
Our CT/AMI Imaging Software R&D team which is a part of our Diagnostic Imaging (DI) business unit. This is a focused and agile team of talented specialists with deep knowledge and skills in imaging physics and its implementation. This group delivers targeted high quality solutions, leveraging scalable architecture and best general design practices.
Check out the links below to learn more about our CT and AMI portfolio that this team supports
CT portfolio - https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/solutions/computed-tomography
AMI Portfolio - https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/solutions/advanced-molecular-imaging
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related technical degree, or equivalent professional software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software DevOps engineering.
- Management of multi-tier application deployments
- Automation/orchestration techniques and processes (i.e., Software build & test automation)
- SW Configuration Management and related tools
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Current Programming Languages (e.g., C++, C# .NET, C), and scripting languages.
- Function independently while collaborating effectively in a Team environment
- Agile development methodology experience preferred
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)