3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on June 26, 2020

Senior Software Test Engineer

Full-time in Carlsbad, CA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Senior Software Test Engineer

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Participate in an exciting and progressive environment developing products that save lives.

You are responsible for

• Developing and executing automated test protocols for medical devices
  • Developing tools to facilitate test automation of medical devices
  • Writing, updating and executing manual test protocols for medical devices
  • Writing scripts for automation and repetitiveness testing to increase test effectiveness
  • Analyzing test protocols to ensure that test coverage of software requirements is complete and correct
  • Working with software engineers and software test engineers to analyze test failures and determine root cause
  • Working with quality engineers, developers and other stakeholders to release test plans, protocols, reports and test tools
  • Producing high quality test plans and reports in a clear and concise style and in accordance with applicable Quality System procedures
  • Collaborating with varying disciplines to improve processes and efficiencies

You are a part of

the NPI (New Product Introduction) Software Engineering Team within the R&D Department at Philips Hospital Respiratory Care. You will be directly involved in the testing of Hospital Life-Support and Non-Invasive Ventilators.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline
  • 5+ years of software development/testing experience including automated testing
  • Experience with C#, LabVIEW, and Python.Familiarity with Agile SW Development practices and DevOps
  • Working knowledge of test management tools and frameworks
  • Experience using test equipment, sensors and I/O systems such as DAQ and PCI
  • Understanding of communication interfaces such as USB, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485 and familiarity with network technologies such as TCP/IP, UDP and WiFi
  • C++ experience a plus
  • Familiarity with application lifecycle management tools such as HP ALM, PTC Integrity, GitLab or Atlassian Jira

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1