Senior Software Test Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Participate in an exciting and progressive environment developing products that save lives.
You are responsible for
- Developing and executing automated test protocols for medical devices
- Developing tools to facilitate test automation of medical devices
- Writing, updating and executing manual test protocols for medical devices
- Writing scripts for automation and repetitiveness testing to increase test effectiveness
- Analyzing test protocols to ensure that test coverage of software requirements is complete and correct
- Working with software engineers and software test engineers to analyze test failures and determine root cause
- Working with quality engineers, developers and other stakeholders to release test plans, protocols, reports and test tools
- Producing high quality test plans and reports in a clear and concise style and in accordance with applicable Quality System procedures
- Collaborating with varying disciplines to improve processes and efficiencies
You are a part of
the NPI (New Product Introduction) Software Engineering Team within the R&D Department at Philips Hospital Respiratory Care. You will be directly involved in the testing of Hospital Life-Support and Non-Invasive Ventilators.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development/testing experience including automated testing
- Experience with C#, LabVIEW, and Python.Familiarity with Agile SW Development practices and DevOps
- Working knowledge of test management tools and frameworks
- Experience using test equipment, sensors and I/O systems such as DAQ and PCI
- Understanding of communication interfaces such as USB, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485 and familiarity with network technologies such as TCP/IP, UDP and WiFi
- C++ experience a plus
- Familiarity with application lifecycle management tools such as HP ALM, PTC Integrity, GitLab or Atlassian Jira
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)