Clinical and Biological Scientist
Full Time – Clinical and Biological Scientist – Bothell, WA – 2020
Are you interested in a Full Time opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who have recently completed their dental or medical training to apply for our Full Time Clinical Biological Scientist role in Bothell, Washington. Through this role you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in guiding medical product development for a HealthTech company.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop Oral Healthcare features and benefits through the investigation and exploitation of physical, chemical, and biological phenomena to address consumer oral health needs, working primarily in a Clinical and Biological Science team, providing a deep understanding of the physiological and microbiological considerations for oral healthcare and drive the innovation in clinical methodology for novel claims substantiation and application of engineering principles to deliver oral health benefits.
You are responsible for
- Identifying the biological and clinical factors and their relationship between these factors and the physical and/or chemical interventions necessary to deliver targeted user benefits, development of the in-vitro/ex-vivo verification and in-vivo validation methods and overseeing the validation of embodiments of physical or chemical principles against claims requirements
- Participate and/or lead as key competence resource for the organization
- Generating necessary input for road map and strategy discussions;
- Cooperating with colleagues and other departments
You are a part of
Philips Oral Healthcare – we create meaningful innovations that improve people's lives; our oral healthcare products help provide better well being and beautiful smiles across the globe.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a MS in Oral Health Sciences, MS in Oral Health Sciences for Dental Hygiene, or PhD in Oral Health Sciences, or are in DDS training
- Preferred: DDS, DMD, or MD degree in one of the following specialties: oral, dental, histology, or pathology, with particular preferences towards experience in oral tissues(hard and soft)
- You currently licensed to practice in the State of Washington
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development and analysis techniques;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- You have experience in translating modules biological and clinical science into engineering implications;
- You are pro-active and persistent in achieving goals and cross-functional improvements.
- You are a team player and you have excellent coordination and communication skills.
In return, we offer you
Philips Oral Healthcare provides an opportunity to grow and develop leadership skills through product development working with an energetic and cross-functional team
The role provides access to a large network of other Philips teams working on wide range of products from electric razors to lighting and medical equipment
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)