We welcome you to join Philips as an Engineering Manager for our Personal Health business oral healthcare in our Ontario, California location
In this role, you have the opportunity to
To manage an extensive multi-functional engineering organization, in this exciting position in a unique factory in Ontario where we produce Oral healthcare products.
- Leads a team of manufacturing, industrial, mechanical, automation, and project engineers with a hands-on involvement to develop advanced technology solutions in automation, new product introductions, production support, continuous improvement, and regulatory compliance for pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices.
- Develops, deploys, monitors and measures standards within all engineering sub groups
- Manage design reviews and participate in design reviews with suppliers
- Ensures final output of machine designs are functional, cost-effective and meet customer requirements
- Leads the Engineering team to deploy strategies
- Promotes good communication and engagement amongst internal and external teams to ensure customer expectations are met
- Continuously collaborates with internal and external teams to achieve shared objectives
- Inspires, mentors, grows and develops engineering talent while providing vision and direction for the team
- Assure team members possess an in depth knowledge of and consistently conform to FDA 21 CFR 820, FDA 21 CFR 211, FDA 21 CFR 216, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 45001 requirements for medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs including FMEA’s, process and equipment validation, environmental health and safety.
- Prepares, communicates, and monitors individual workloads to optimize and adhere to project schedules as well as capacity management
- Develops department best practices and standard operating procedures to include integration and hand-off of design transfer projects to the Purchasing and Operations departments
- Provides technical expertise on strategic initiatives and presents key industry trends to senior management to include creating and deploying new and unique approaches in automation
- Lead efforts to continuously monitor and improve the efficiency, cost, capacity, quality, safety, and flexibility of manufacturing assembly and test processes through the use of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other continuous improvement techniques
- Provides periodic insights and reports to senior management to ensure continued alignment with department and company goals
Skills you bring to the role
- 7+ years of professional experience designing and developing industrial automation in a FDA pharmaceutical and medical device company
- 3+ years of experience in a management leadership role
- MS Engineering preferred, BS acceptable with demonstrated experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with engineering principles and procedures that apply to machine design, part handling, robotic end-of-arm-tool design, semi-automated work cell layout, robotic work cell layout, process flow, operator ergonomics, and machine aesthetics
- Experience with programming languages and software programs relevant to the industry
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD to generate 3D solid model designs from concept to fabrication
- Must possess in-depth understanding in one or more engineering fields (i.e. electrical, software, mechanical)
- Experience and understanding of de-coupled injection molding and structured process
- In-depth knowledge and experience in ISO 13485 requirements for medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with industry policies and procedures to ensure safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance
- Develop and improve molding processes for new and existing products
- Candidate should be proficient in ANSI/ASME and GD&T standards
- Thorough understanding of machine controls, systems integration and troubleshooting
- Thorough understanding of motion control technologies and mechanical drive train design including the application of stepper motors, servo motors, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Relevant experience in:
- Design for manufacturing
- Design for automation
- Special purpose machinery
- Industrial robots
- Industrial machine control systems Software Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)