3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on May 21, 2020

Manufacturing Engineer

Full-time in Murrysville, PA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,181 ratings from 82 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Manufacturing Engineer

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Provide support and maintenance of the production lines for Philips patient monitors, while collaborating with the Manufacturing Test Engineering team.

You are responsible for

• Supporting manufacturing lines, while troubleshooting issues pertaining to equipment or processes, in order to keep production running.
  • Managing quality/compliance enhancements, assurance of supply and new feature implementation through the entire product life cycle of the product providing Design for manufacturing support on Philips owned custom medical device assemblies built in low cost regions.
  • Investigating and resolving product and process quality issues within Philips Quality System framework.
  • Providing leadership on design changes requiring significant End of Life (EOL) component qualification.
  • Documenting and executing verification and validation protocols for product and process changes.
  • Working with cross-functional teams to plan and execute Manufacturing Engineering activities in support of New Product Introduction.
  • Finalizing validation reports, procedure updates and associated Bill of Materials (BOM) updates.

You are a part of

The Monitoring and Analytics (MA) & Therapeutic business group, within the Connected Care & Health Informatics business cluster. Monitoring Analytics,  is a software and solutions business encompassing patient monitoring and its capabilities. Our MA solutions reach more than 370 million people every year. You will be reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager in our Murrysville, PA location.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline (preferred), Associates Degree considered with 7+ years of relevant manufacturing engineering experience
  • 5 + years of experience in manufacturing environment (electro mechanical assembly and med device highly preferred)
  • Demonstrated experience with the validation (IQ/OQ/PQ), documentation and manufacture of medical devices (strongly preferred)
  • Experience working with an ERP system (SAP is a plus)
  • Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills, with experience with working across multiple sites and geographic locations

In return, we offer you

The opportunity to join our team as we complete the transfer of a host of products into our manufacturing plant in Murrysville, as well as support continued growth.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1