In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Be an integral member of Philips Therapeutic Care business focused on hospital respiratory care. This position plans, conducts and provides project management expertise to one or more projects of significant importance and difficulty where the scope, complexity, risk, and investment involved requires the broad application of intermediate knowledge.
You are responsible for:
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop project plans, forecasts and/or budgets, and timelines (milestones).
- Partner and lead the cross functional team for technical projects for product life cycle management as well as new products.
- Coordinate activities/tasks and resources across all departments including R&D, Operations, Clinical Affairs, Marketing, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs;
- Develop, track and report on project plan, detailed project schedule, change control requests, and project deliverables;
- Provides comprehensive tracking and monitoring for project team using project management expertise and tools;
- Monitor compliance to medical device design control and product development process for all aspects of program;
- Use appropriate communication tools to ensure that all project customers are informed of project status;
- Negotiate with stakeholders to ensure positive response and agreement, striving for win-win situations;
- Facilitate risk management of projects and escalation/mitigation of significant deviations;
- Facilitate project team meetings with agendas, minutes and action items; and
- Assure that extended team project support activities of functional teams are aligned with the project plan.
You are a part of:
You will report to the Director of Program Management for Philips Hospital Respiratory Care (HRC) Business Unit (BU). The HRC team rolls up under Philips Therapeutic Care (TC) business. Our solutions are helping caregivers and lay responders both inside and outside the hospital. We are the number one provider of therapeutic care solutions, saving and improving more and more lives every year.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline (electrical, mechanical, physics, software, etc.);
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience working in a hardware and software medical device regulated environment;
- Experience working in a matrix organization;
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills;
- PMP certification preferred but not required;
- Experience with team collaboration tools and project management fundamentals;
- Ability to problem solve and pay attention to details; and
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications, MS Project and MS Visio.
In return, we offer you:
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)