In this role, you have the opportunity to
Become a Systems Engineer for a measurement sensor family within the Medical Consumables and Sensors (MCS) business category. In this unique and rare opportunity, you will be a member of a cross-functional team through the entire life cycle of a Measurement Sensor product line from ideation through planning and execution to release, and ongoing sustaining engineering until product end of life. This role includes leading the technical team through new development and sustaining engineering projects, collaborating with the cross-functional team and communicating to the category leadership team on technical topics.
You are responsible for
- Working directly with and learning from the Sr. Systems Engineer to develop and maintain products within the Philips Quality Management System
- Working globally across functions and businesses to develop and maintain products
- Supporting product roadmap activities as a technical expert
- Completing deliverables per the Design Controls Process from inception through product end of life
- Defining and managing the Product Lifecycle
- Completing deliverables per the product development process for assigned product families
- Creating/updating product drawings and requirements specifications
- Planning, preparing, communicating and managing design engineering deliverables
- Identifying risk and actively follow up on response actions defined
- Identifying DfX opportunities throughout product lifecycle
- Ensuring alignment with NPI activities and manage post-market activities
- Guiding and mentoring design engineers on the product lifecycle
- Represent Philips interests as a member of international standards bodies for NIBP and related standards such as Small Bore Connectors
- International travel is 10%
You are a part of
The Medical Consumables and Sensors (MCS) Business Category identifies and meets customer and market needs by designing, developing, and distributing consumable and sensor products that enable clinical measurement for Philips Healthcare and non-Philips patient monitoring solutions. MCS also designs, markets and distributes to customers around the world a portfolio of products that provide developmental care solutions in perinatal markets in addition to providing jaundice care along with industry consumables and sensors.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in Biomedical, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent applicable science
- degree, required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in medical device industry is required
- Background in measurement sensor development is highly desired
- Experience with FMEA, LEAN, DfX, and Reliability
- Strong problem solving skills including root cause analysis
- Experience with FDA and MDR Quality Management System requirements, including Design Controls, Purchasing Controls, and Safety Risk Assessment
- Demonstrated experience in managing/improving product performance and product quality (defect rates, etc.)
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams, and multiple diverse internal (cross functional and cross business unit) and external (Supply Base) team members
- Strong leadership skills, including conflict resolution, negotiation, and influence management
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)