Manager of Complaint Handling
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage the Complaints Specialist Team that executes the complaint process for the Patient Monitoring business unit. The processes and activities are mainly related to coordinating activities supporting the Customer Complaints process, and supporting external audits/inspections.
You are responsible for
- Leads team of specialists/investigators responsible for evaluating, investigating and resolving complaints.
- Provide expert guidance to subordinates on interpretation of procedures and applicable regulations and prioritization of workload.
- Monitors metrics and drives process improvements based on performance trends.
- Participate and collaborate objectively with peers to achieve consistent process while identifying process improvements to drive efficiency and compliance.
- Collaborate with a variety of diverse persons such as Engineers, Scientists, Clinical Specialists, Field Service Engineers, and Manufacturing personnel globally to facilitate process improvement.
- Develop complaint audit program to monitor complaint quality and compliance.
- Lead process improvement projects that require engagement with multiple functional areas across the businesses.
- Assist in trending of complaints and collaborate with the appropriate groups to ensure accuracy of data.
- Support reviews and audits as required.
- Facilitate ongoing team training and employee development.
- Other projects assigned
You are a part of
The Patient Monitoring Post Market Surveillance Team is headquartered out of Andover, MA. We welcome you to join Philips HealthTech as a Complaints Manager supporting Patient Monitoring and Medical Consumable Suppliers. The Quality and Regulatory team enables meaningful innovation for our customers by partnering with and guiding the business to achieve world-class quality and regulatory compliance in a rapidly changing environment, while creating a great workplace for our people to realize their career aspirations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 2+ years in a people management role.
- 3+ years related experience in a Medical Device and or other medically regulated industry (Pharma, IVD,).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, clinical sciences, related sciences, or relevant related experience.
- Working knowledge of appropriate global medical device regulations, requirements, and standards such as: FDA 21CFR Parts 803, 806 and 820, ISO13485, ISO14971, European Medical Device Directives and Canadian Medical Devices Regulation.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet regulatory reporting time frames and company requirements.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal for coordinating with colleagues and regulatory authorities worldwide.
- Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation with demonstrated ability to function independently and in a group environment.
- Requires the proven ability to consistently meet and/or exceed goals. Must be capable of making commitments, setting priorities, and delivering results on time and on budget.
- Effective team building skills.
- Able to exercise sound judgment within Philips using standard operating procedures and policies to determine appropriate action to achieve objectives.
- Proficiency using office tools such as Microsoft Office Suite and various other computer software applications.
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we strive to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation, and our goal is to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. This position offers the opportunity to influence regulatory compliance worldwide and directly improve the customer and patient experience. We offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)