IP&S is an integral part of Philips. Like our products, services and solutions, we make a difference. We are dedicated to providing high quality, relevant IP services on a timely basis to our colleagues around the world so that we as a company can not only better serve our customers but also the communities we serve and in which we live. We strive to develop deep insights into the legal, intellectual, social, and political issues affecting our work and industry.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Advance your career in one of the world’s largest and best known industrial IP organizations. If you are a patent attorney with solid experience in intellectual property, then joining Philips Intellectual Property & Standards (IP&S) as an IP Counsel is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career and contribute as a valued member to a world-class organization that aspires to create a healthier society.
- Shaping the building of our IP portfolio, focusing on innovations in the healthcare field, including IP related to information technology (such as software, databases, mobile apps, and artificial intelligence) to provide optimal IP protection to the business so that we can create maximum value from that portfolio through licensing and other commercial IP-based deals.
- Advising Philips’ businesses and research organizations in all IP-related matters.
- Negotiating IP licenses and other commercial IP-based agreements.
- Managing third-party IP risks, and, when needed, seeking access to third-party IP at the lowest cost possible.
You will work with a multi-disciplinary team serving this organization that consists of IP counsels and IP analysts. You will become part of an international community of IP professionals with wide-ranging technical backgrounds and IP experience, gained both inside and outside Philips. Comprising professionals of many different nationalities who collaborate with Philips businesses across the globe, the Philips IP&S team offers you excellent opportunities for learning and professional networking in order to increase your knowledge of intellectual property matters and to continue your professional development.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and technical background in electrical engineering, computer science, or physics – A master’s degree or higher is a plus
- Admitted to the bar of at least one state.
- A licensed US Patent Attorney with at least three (3) years of patent creation experience at a law firm, or a mix of law firm and in-house experience, preferably at a multinational organization.
- Ability to handle IP matters related to digitization, artificial intelligence, software, and services as a solution.
- A candidate with experience working with the medical community is preferred.
- Confidence, critical thinking, and experience at multitasking.
- Strong professional drive.
- Excellent analytical and intellectual capabilities.
- Excellent relationship building, influencing, and negotiating abilities.
- Excellent communications skills to operate at all levels both internally and externally
In return, we offer you
The Philips IP&S team offers you excellent opportunities for learning and professional networking in order to increase your knowledge of intellectual property matters and to continue your professional development.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)