Senior Applications Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care (S&RC) Gas Sensing Technology group as an Applications Engineer focused on gas sensing, capnography & related accessory products. As the primary technical interface with business-to-business (B2B) customers, you will be responsible for collaborating and providing technical engineering support as our customers integrate and utilize our gas sensing products in their own devices.
You will use your deep understanding of gas sensing devices, host system implementations, medical device design and development and regulatory insights to satisfy customer needs.
The position within the Gas Sensing Technology group collaborates closely with R&D Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, Marketing, Clinical Affairs, and Quality & Regulatory.
You are responsible for
- Own technical deliverables for development, deployment and integration of gas sensors into host systems.
- Understand clinical applications of capnography, oxigraphy, proximal flow / pressure measurement, and other respiratory gas measurement technologies and devices.
- Understand product and system-level documentation, including requirements, architecture, risk management and verification & validation plans and reports.
- Collaborate with customers and System Engineering / Regulatory Affairs regarding international standards compliance and global regulatory requirements (FDA cGMP, QSR, ISO 13485, EU MDR).
- Develop a keen sense of labeling requirements to support own-brand labeling for global markets.
- Understand and summarize test reports to fulfill customer and regulatory requests.
- Utilize project management acumen to lead small project activities driven from customer requests.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in systems or clinical development in a medical device setting.
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance techniques, practices, ISO and Regulatory (FDA) compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of medical device regulations and standards – example IEC 60601-1 standards, EU-MDR.
- Understanding of capnography or gas sensing products, applications, and technologies.
- Working knowledge of hardware (electrical, optical, mechanical) and software / firmware.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment to meet company objectives.
- Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management.
- Actively learn to become the domain expert on our gas sensing devices.
- Partner with marketing, product development and regulatory affairs functions for successful integration and continued use of devices with our B2B customers.
In return, we offer you:
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards, and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)