Senior Architect - Pressure Guidewires
In this role, you have the opportunity to work with an innovative product line - IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business cluster.
As the Senior Architect of Disposable products, you will facilitate the disposables R&D teams in defining and implementing solutions, which are suitable for new products, while conforming to product requirements. You will ensure the creation and realization of our disposable architectures while driving design decisions. You will need to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of all disposable product lines and an in-depth understanding of the technologies involved.
You will lead the product and production process creation processes to ensure alignment with our system and disposable architectures and business needs. You will need to keep abreast of technical developments through literature, technical contacts, and industry competition. You will be expected to assess emerging technologies and determine how to map them into our disposable product development roadmap.
You are responsible for:
- Defining the current and reference architecture for our disposable Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)imaging catheters and pressure measuring guidewire product lines.
- Ensuring proper alignment between disposable and system architectures.
- Delivering a consolidated (reference) architecture: creating well-defined building blocks / system options & scenarios; choosing the optimal architecture, leveraging technology and contributing to/driving roadmaps; establishing control points (IP).
- Ensuring that all disposable interface and performance requirements are properly defined and understood by the development and manufacturing teams. Processes parameters that contribute to performance requirements are documented, understood, and properly validated.
- Ensuring solid, up-to-date and usable documentation of the architecture and implementation thereof; using methods & tools for a structured approach.
- Driving an accepted implementation of the disposables architecture, by explaining, convincing, deciding; incl. validation and verification; solving issues and learning from them; establishing architecture lifecycle management; and teaming-up for impact.
- Identifying architecture and platform opportunities (e.g. required updates, phase-outs or new options coming up). Translate vision and business strategy into an accepted (set of) reference architectures with the full value chain context.
- Defining the disposable functional decomposition and interfaces derived from the reference architecture, which platforms to be leverages, strategic trade-offs to be made, options to be anticipated, ways to handle critical uncertainties, etc. to ensure an optimum solution across product lines(s) and over the lifetimes(s).
- Identifying strategic Control Points and define their realization in the reference architecture (e.g. IP, Trade secrets, standards, exclusive use agreements, independencies, exclusive access to technologies, channels, suppliers or capabilities)
- Initiate, lead and supervise the realization of the disposables reference architecture through platform and product development
You are a part of:
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The Image Guided Therapy IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology. The role will include interacting with the IGT Systems organization in Best, NL.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Master or Bachelors of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical or Physics)
- 8+ years of experience working within the medical device Industry R&D
- Must be a self-starter with broad disposables design expertise – catheter and guide wire experience is highly desired.
- You should have a solid track record of consistently delivering high quality disposable medical devices to the market
- Driving of divergence, convergence and consolidation;
- Stakeholder management; ability to communicate vision, need, and create buy-in;
- Analytical skills; Architectural thinking and creation; Switching from helicopter to detailed view;
- Documenting/modeling of the architecture;
- Influencing skills; Team player; Networking skills; Negotiation skills;
- Keen ability to manage uncertainty and complexity;
- An in-depth understanding of disposable product development, test, and validation methodologies including sterility, biocompatibility, and shelf life testing;
- The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of imaging catheters and ASIC design;
In return, we offer you:
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R&D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)