Senior Research Scientist - Radiology Informatics
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop innovative solutions in data science, predictive modeling, computer vision, novel workflow for precision diagnosis in radiology. You will work with a team of scientists developing new concepts, propositions, technologies and demonstrators to deliver new insights for the radiology ecosystem.
You are responsible for
- Form, lead, and contribute to multi-disciplinary teams to build a deep understanding of customer needs, identify innovative solutions and services, and drive research and development
- Focus on research, development and evaluation of first-of-kind algorithms and prototypes for improving clinical workflows and care coordination, in radiology
- Apply your knowledge in data science, applied machine/deep learning to research innovative solutions and implement proof-of-concept prototypes with agile methodologies
- Design and participate in clinical studies, develop and publish clinical evidence and help build collaborative relationships with external partners, scientific community, and governmental resources.
- Develop intellectual property and deliver high-quality innovations to the business with performance validated on datasets from customers and clinical collaborators
You are a part of
Philips Research, a global organization that helps Philips introduce meaningful innovations that improve people’s lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and – where needed – first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: http://www.research.philips.com/
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Health Informatics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science/Informatics, Electrical Engineering or related fields with 5+ years of relevant experience in radiology informatics;
- Experience in developing radiology informatics solutions leveraging data science and AI, machine learning, deep learning, clinical knowledge and decision support;
- In-depth understanding of radiology workflow and clinical practice;
- Software development experience in a clinically oriented research environment and understanding of cloud-based services;
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)