In this role, you have the opportunity to:
You will participate in a wide range of projects from new R&D Decvelopment, Design feasibility, to Sustaining redesign efforts for large complex projects and development efforts.
You are responsible for:
• Create robust, reliable electrical board/system designs for critical care medical (respiratory care) equipment with complex electromechanical, electro-pneumatic, user interface, patient-response control, and fault tolerance requirements.
• Develop and document designs in compliance with Quality System requirements.
• Integrate new technology, techniques, and concepts to enhance functionality, simplify designs, improve reliability, and reduce production costs.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering and contract manufacturers to plan and execute Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability activities.
*You will be responsible for all aspects of electrical design, development, simulation debug, worst-case analysis, verification, failure analysis and documentation of sophisticated respiratory care medical equipment.
*Your work will include a wide variety of designs with a wide range of complexity.
* Your efforts and skills will affect patients’ lives and the reliability, testability, manufacturability, standards compliance robustness and cost of our products.
You are a part of:
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights, clinical and technical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for health professionals that meet the needs of patients, and empower consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home. If you have talent and would like to utilize your skills to develop state-of-the-art products that help people lead better lives, consider joining us at Philips Healthcare.
We are a leader in critical care non-invasive and invasive ventilation systems. Our innovative state-of-the-art products improve patient care and comfort, and help people lead better lives
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• 5+ years of experience in an electrical R&D or Sustaining environment.
• 5+ years of experience with schematic capture, simulation software and tools.
• 5+ years demonstrated success carrying projects through to a robust, verified, producible design and volume production.
• 5+ years of experience designing high-speed digital, analog and power circuitry.
• 5+ years of experience designing mixed signal PCBs.
• 3+ years of experience designing power supplies and analog circuitry.
• 3+ years of experience optimizing designs to reduce EMI.
• The ability to efficiently analyze and resolve complex technical issues and evaluate tradeoffs to resolve technical problems and achieve overall project objectives.
• Strong technical competency.
• The ability to meet project commitments (schedule, cost, and project goals).
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams, strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team.
• A history of robust, reliable and innovative designs.
• A history of cooperation and technical leadership.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects,
• Minimum of a BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university or a College.
Other Desired Experience/Qualifications
• Proficiency with OrCAD schematic capture and PADS PCBA layout tools.
• Experience designing power supplies.
• Proficiency in presenting designs in design reviews.
• Previous design experience in a regulated environment (i.e. Medical products) or under a formal product development process.
In return, we offer you:
A rewarding career, supportive atmosphere and positive work environment in which you will design/ develop life-saving respiratory care products and systems...
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)