Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Java/Spring)
This position is a Lead Software position focusing on cloud-based Enterprise Application development in the Advanced Innovations group of Sleep and Respiratory Business of Philips. You will lead the software design, implementation and qualification of new-to-world solutions that will solve complex consumer or patient needs and problems within our Sleep and Respiratory domain. Must relish change, respond to challenge and be creative. Startup, small company or entrepreneurial experience and attitude desired. Broad Cloud Based Application experience, SW and people skills required. This is a great opportunity to work and lead a team in integrated innovative technologies to solve customer needs. Experience in personal health related software applications, bioengineering or physiology is also key to success.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Building server-side applications and platforms to support innovation and core business
- Develop solutions of significant complexity and uncertainty from concept (MVP) thru feasibility with minimal supervision
- Working in Agile based Scrum environment to develop critical parts of a new web-based application.
- Demonstrating proficiency with object-oriented design and development in various languages, primarily Java or Kotlin.
- Building RESTful web service and communication between applications and 3rd party cloud-based systems.
- Parsing/processing JSON data.
- Working with Relational and NoSQL data stores
- Working with Continuous delivery “build and deploy tools” such as TeamCity, Jenkins, and Azure Devops
- Working with cloud technologies (Cloudfoundry, AWS, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Engine, etc…)
- Creating design documentation for the system being build
- Writing automated test using Junit framework to programmatically test the code.
- Troubleshooting system issues
- Generating ideas / solutions relevant to Sleep and Respiratory Care business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or similar technical field
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Proficient with Java or Kotlin.
- Experience developing cloud-based systems (Cloudfoundry, AWS, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Engine, etc…)
- Experience with any RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
- Experience in creating Restful web services.
- Experience with Java testing frameworks (Junit/Mocks etc.)
- Exceptional knowledge of object-oriented design, including design patterns.
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Experience with FDA, MDD, & ISO Quality System Requirements and their application within a medical product development environment
- Experience in creating Restful web services.
- Experience with Spring Framework preferred.
- Experience working in Scrum agile environment preferred.
- Experience with Build Management & Continuous Integration systems (TeamCity or equivalent)
- Experience with Rule Engine and Workflow engines (Camunda, Drools)
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Experience in using code analysis and profiling tools.
- Experience with Test Automation using Behavioral Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience developing in the Healthcare/Health Tech industry or similar regulated industry
- Experience with EEG waveforms and Sleep architecture.
*US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)