3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on June 26, 2020

Mechanical Process & Configuration Engineer

Full-time in Bothell, WA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Mechanical Process & Configuration Engineer

As a Mechanical Process & Configuration Engineer, you will also be responsible for driving process improvements to reduce waste and improve efficiency in the mechanical development cycle. You will also be responsible for developing and managing BOM configurations to effectively deploy Ultrasound Platforms across manufacturing sites.

The Platform Mechanical Engineering (ME) team is part of the Ultrasound I2M (R&D) department and is responsible for the mechanical design and development of new Ultrasound Platforms as well as the support of existing Ultrasound Platforms. This position is based in Bothell, WA.

Key Responsibilities:

• Work closely with Project Leaders to define BOM structures that align with business goals.
  • Develop/Manage BOM structure configurations to minimize overhead when releasing products across multiple manufacturing sites.
  • Drive continuous improvement projects related to the Mechanical Development Process and documentation.
  • Assist Mechanical Design Engineers in the creation and approval of design documentation.

Job Requirements/Skills:

• Very detail-oriented with an ability to effectively manage numerous BOM configurations with part-specific dependencies.
  • Strong communication and documentation/writing skills, and interest in developing in this area.
  • Able to time manage effectively to execute work on multiple projects simultaneously.
  • Eager to team-up and collaborate within and across functions.
  • Experience with document control systems (E-Matrix, Agile) and FDA/ISO regulated medical device design environment preferred.
  • Experience driving process improvements.
  • 2+ years of experience with SolidWorks preferred.
  • BSME from an accredited university.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location

In return, we offer you

The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1