Mechanical Process & Configuration Engineer
As a Mechanical Process & Configuration Engineer, you will also be responsible for driving process improvements to reduce waste and improve efficiency in the mechanical development cycle. You will also be responsible for developing and managing BOM configurations to effectively deploy Ultrasound Platforms across manufacturing sites.
The Platform Mechanical Engineering (ME) team is part of the Ultrasound I2M (R&D) department and is responsible for the mechanical design and development of new Ultrasound Platforms as well as the support of existing Ultrasound Platforms. This position is based in Bothell, WA.
- Work closely with Project Leaders to define BOM structures that align with business goals.
- Develop/Manage BOM structure configurations to minimize overhead when releasing products across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Drive continuous improvement projects related to the Mechanical Development Process and documentation.
- Assist Mechanical Design Engineers in the creation and approval of design documentation.
- Very detail-oriented with an ability to effectively manage numerous BOM configurations with part-specific dependencies.
- Strong communication and documentation/writing skills, and interest in developing in this area.
- Able to time manage effectively to execute work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eager to team-up and collaborate within and across functions.
- Experience with document control systems (E-Matrix, Agile) and FDA/ISO regulated medical device design environment preferred.
- Experience driving process improvements.
- 2+ years of experience with SolidWorks preferred.
- BSME from an accredited university.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
In return, we offer you
The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)