Design Business Partner
In this role, you have the opportunity to lead/partner with Philips Connected Care Informatics (CCI) to develop innovative, global solutions that enable physicians, nurses and other medical professionals to focus on patients’ and their families’ care, by digitalizing clinical pathways and enabling flawless communication of relevant data across the health continuum. This information is enriched with clinical intelligence and decision support tools, empowering care teams to make rapid and accurate diagnoses, build treatment plans and follow-up clinical actions through all the different steps of the patient journey, from prevention to acute care.
You will be required to:
- Engage with business leaders across strategy, product, marketing, engineering, and operations to develop a strategy for experience design that supports CCI business strategy
- Partner with design teams to define projects and activate relevant design capabilities within the design program
- Act as a Design thought leader, inspiring and realizing captivating propositions to drive market and brand leadership
- Lead a design program and related investments, in collaboration with project and program managers
- Be accountable for meeting delivery times and quality targets
- Drive the CCI business by developing and maintaining a high level of engagement, based on a deep domain understanding of the market and the business. Partner with, consult with, and influence CCI’s Design needs, to enable delivery of business targets
- Provide Design thought leadership and inspire on creativity and ideation, providing an outside-in perspective, being provocative by taking intriguing positions based on market trends and customer needs
- Actively develop propositions to stimulate the debate about new (cross) Category value spaces, reorienting business space towards market and brand leadership
- Develop long term (cross) Category Design strategies and roadmaps, translating business design needs into design programs
- Lead (cross) business Design programs and corresponding investments
- Develop the Design Annual Operating Plan (AOP), driving it to business acceptance and controlling the expenses relative to the budget on behalf of the business
- Ensure bold and cost-effective delivery of Design to the business in close collaboration with Design Team Directors and Experience Leads
- Be accountable for the quality of the Design delivery, ensuring solutions are appropriate and important for customers and contexts
- Align (cross) business Design quality across the total health Continuum ensuring compliance to Philips brand guidelines and Design Language Systems
You will be part of Philips' global creative strength of 400+ professionals located in design studios in Europe, North America and Asia. You will be a key member of an amazing cross-disciplinary team that includes product designers, user experience designers, service designers, people researchers, usability engineers, communications designers, and project managers. Our design team is at the heart of Philips, shaping the way people experience our brand, products and services. As proud custodians of the Philips brand, we make sure design is always the starting point for innovation. At Philips Design, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier, all of this without negatively influencing the world in which we live. You will be an integral part of a team focused on human-centered design and innovation within Connected Care Informatics. This is a rare opportunity to make a truly significant impact on clinical teams and their patients.
To succeed in this role, you should possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a design discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years design experience in one or more relevant business domains and in one or more markets and cultures.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate with specialists beyond Design and have clearly proven business insight and design management experience.
- Software eco-system thinking, understanding how to optimize workflows across an enterprise, while ensuring flexibility that is able to offer a high degree of personalization
- Contributor to the central design language system in the federated model, ensuring a consistent experience across the software developed across the CCI businesses
- Extensive experience with software usability testing, providing different level of prototypes across different phases of the product development lifecycle
- Thought leadership in development of software propositions and go-to-market strategy
- Coordinates customer training to facilitate recurring updates of software Architecture and implementing new UI components and visualizations
- Ability to develop new and innovative applications, as well as maintaining existing code
- Drive standard methodologies; choosing technology; improving the quality of the code base
- Proven foundation in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge and ability to understand enterprise level architecture
You are a highly creative and lateral thinker who always sees new opportunities, even when others do not see them immediately. You do not run away from challenges, instead, you embrace them. You are a teammate and are passionate about human-centered design. You are a leader with vision, inspiring and realizing captivating propositions to drive market and brand leadership for Philips.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)