Patient Monitoring Installation Field Service Engineer (CCNA Required) (Home-Based: Columbus, OH)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
We challenge you to join Philips Healthcare as an Installation Field Service Engineer supporting Patient Monitoring where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service!
As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
Philips is seeking a Patient Monitoring Field Service Engineer to be placed in the in the Columbus OH area. The MATC (Monitoring & Analytics and Therapeutic Care) business serves the healthcare community through efficient management of capital medical equipment installations in various critical care and surgical areas.
• Install, service, and test complex IT networks following stringent real time patient data requirements.
• Troubleshoot complex network issues to ensure acceptable Quality of Service.
• Install complex, multi-phase systems composed of IT infrastructure and patient monitoring equipment in both clinical and non-clinical environments across the geography.
• Provide technical review of system configurations to ensure viability of system performance.
• Lead and direct a diverse team of internal and external resources.
• Own the customer experience through the life cycle of customer systems from installation through end-of-support.
• Grow the MATC business in the assigned geography within the scope of both equipment and service revenue and contract revenue.
• Work within a dynamic customer care team with clinical, sales, and service partners to support the business activities at the highest level.
• This job includes up to 75% travel throughout the territory
You are a part of a team
This particular position will work within the Monitoring & Analytics and Therapeutic Care organization. This division of Philips Healthcare specializes in the installation and service of patient monitoring devices, networks, and telemetry systems.
As hospital environments become more integrated the service organization is looking to expand its ability to install and service complex networks as well and consult with customers on high end integrations.
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· BS Computer Science/Biomed disciplines with at least 3-5 years’ experience or AS Computer Science/Biomed disciplines with 5+ years’ experience in Healthcare / IT Technologies.
· CCNA certification and network troubleshooting skills, required
· Microsoft and other certifications are desirable (i.e. MCTS, MCITP, VM WARE)
· Knowledge of Patient Monitoring systems preferred
· Previous experience working in a hospital environment required.
· Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
· Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined, and the ability to work independently.
· Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
· Influence internal and external resources to a stated objective without formal authority.
· Deliver required results with high levels of customer satisfaction, both internal external.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from home office location.
· Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
· Frequently in contact with electrical equipment and wireless networks.
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical test equipment.
· Average driving is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required.
· Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
· Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
· Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
· Regularly speaks, hears, and views computers.
· Frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lift or carry up to 50 pounds, with assistance available.
· Occasionally twist, and crawl.
· Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and extended reach.
· Regular grasping and repetitive hand movements.
· Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, safety glasses, hard hat, hard toed shoes, and medical rubber gloves.
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)