Director of Program Management (PMO)
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Play a critical leadership role in driving program process, execution excellence, pipeline portfolio management, and cross-functional resource deployment across the entire product/service development lifecycle. The Director manages a staff of Program and Project Managers across the Ventilation and Capnography businesses within Hospital Respiratory Care (HRC), spanning two locations, and an annual R&D budget of over $20M.
You are responsible for:
- Builds and leads Program management function for entire HRC Business including essential operating mechanisms of portfolio management, continuous resource management, business priority alignment, and execution excellence.
- Responsible for maintaining project portfolio funnel, initiating new projects aligned to business priorities and long-term strategy.
- Partners with functional leaders in Marketing, R&D, Operations, Quality, Customer Service to deliver products and services from concept to full commercial launch and volume production/scale-up.
- Reports to the General Manager/Business Leader of HRC.
- Key collaborator with functional leaders in delivering functional excellence; participates in performance management of key contributors.
- Drives internal and external collaboration with clinical subject matter experts, customers, and users, supporting validation and co-creation.
- Accountable for developing, operationalizing, and communicating program plans and status.
- Through the PM team and as a member of the Leadership Team, drives direction, timing, and collaboration with other parts of the organization (including other BIUs)
- Deploys process improvements across organization makes the project organization efficient and transparent, and ensures alignment with management objectives.
- Leads program management governance, conducting regular reviews such that key projects are tracking to defined objectives and KPIs, maintaining stakeholder alignment, and proactively managing risk to quality and schedule performance.
- Translates benchmarking results and new/best practices to HRC organization.
- Identifies and solves for evolving gaps and emerging needs in skills, process capabilities, and capacity to support sustained long-term business growth.
- Works across organizational boundaries inside and outside of Philips, leading teams in building trust, collaboration, and breaking down barriers.
- Monitor compliance to medical device design control and product development process for all aspects of programs.
- Manage project risks, develop mitigation plans and resolve problems impacting project completion, proactively resolving project issues and escalating to management when necessary.
You are a part of:
The Hospital Respiratory Care (HRC)-Program Management team, which drives projects in R&D innovation, sustaining engineering, quality, and operational excellence including medium and large-scale complex Class 1 and Class 2 medical devices systems commercialized globally. These solutions include innovative pneumatic and electromechanical systems, sensor systems, clinical and enterprise software applications, and respiratory patient interfaces. Projects often span multiple technologies and assets across other BIU’s and Knowledge Centers both within as well as outside Philips.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- BS or MS in relevant field including Computer, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or other related science. Clinical certification, Marketing, MBA, or relevant business experience preferred.
- Advanced degree and PMP certification is a plus.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ of experience successfully leading large and complex medical device (hardware, software, consumables) development programs for acute care/hospital markets.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at a Director level.
- Functional engineering leadership experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated competence forming, organizing, and leading product development teams from concept through commercial launch.
- Demonstrated depth in organizational dynamics, motivating teams, and developing talent.
- Subject matter expertise in all phases of product development, launch, and maintenance including VOC, requirements generation, DFx, design controls, verification, validation, usability, process validation, manufacturing ramp, service, and support-readiness.
- Strong understanding of global medical device regulatory environments and clearance processes.
- A record of successful product commercialization in major global medical device markets.
- Data-driven decision-making and the ability to move teams through vague and complex situations.
- Adept at conflict resolution.
- Relentless focus on Quality as an organizational value.
- Lives the Philips values of being Eager to Win, Taking Ownership, and Teaming to Excel.
In return, we offer you:
A rewarding career, positive work environment, competitive salary, great benefits and a supportive atmosphere in which you will lead your organization to develop critical Respiratory Care products, which improve and save lives of millions of people around the world….
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)