Ultrasound Systems Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Play a leadership role in creating our next generation of ultrasound products as an Ultrasound System Design Engineer
You are responsible for
- Apply acoustic wave propagation and signal processing theory to the design and specification of new imaging algorithms and imaging sub-systems.
- Participate in the design, development, and integration of new ultrasound systems and transducers.
- Lead the complete development and implementation of new ultrasound imaging capabilities, including development plans, algorithm design, integration strategy, and SW implementation.
- Tune diagnostic ultrasound systems for optimum image quality on a range of transducers and imaging features.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Management organizations to define new feature requirements to meet specific clinical applications and market needs
You are a part of
The Ultrasound System Design Engineer will be working in our Ultrasound group within Philips Healthcare, located at our Andover, MA or Cambridge, MA facility. As part of Philips ultrasound, you will have the opportunity to work with the best engineers in medical ultrasound and be part of a high functioning team. You will be making a positive difference each and every day by developing ultrasound products that are helping to save lives all around the world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering.
- Experience with wave propagation theory, phased arrays, and sensor system design.
- Experience with beamforming, signal and image processing, and algorithm development.
- Experience programming in a higher level language such as C/C++, Java, or C# is required.
- Experience with Matlab or Python is required.
- Experience inadaptive signal processing, machine learning, and/or deep learning is desired.
- 3-5 years’ experience in sensor systems R&D, ultrasound imaging, and product development is desired, but not required.
- Ultrasound research experience, including scientific publications, is desired, but not required.
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Open mind, team player, energetic and can-do attitude
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)