Automation Maintenance Technician (Ontario, California)
Mechanic - Automation Maintenance Philips Healthcare, (Ontario, CA.)
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
This automation maintenance engineer must troubleshoot, service and fix the computerized systems and robotic devices that are designed to reduce human interaction, such as robotic assembly devices and computer-controlled systems. These machines and systems are located within an industrial and manufacturing plant, where pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices are processed.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Assembling and commissioning fixtures, equipment, machines, and robotic equipment
- Assisting with applications development
- Troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic issues; adjusting when needed
- Material Fabrication
- Maintaining and servicing equipment
- Documenting any changes providing assembly feedback to engineering
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- 8 plus years’ experience troubleshooting and maintaining automated equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- Completed an automation technology or mechatronics associate degree program which includes coursework in hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, electrical circuits, electrical machinery and human-machine interfaces
- Good math and analytic skills to understand automated systems and isolate problems
- Proficient with various instruments and hand tools, such as electrical multimeters
- Knowledge of materials and fabrication utilizing mills, lathe, drill press, welding, soldering, and cutting equipment
- Familiarity with controls and software concept
- Understanding of GD&T, Y14.5M-2009, ISO 13485 and GMP
- Documenting any changes providing assembly feedback to engineering.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with proper use of machine and hand tools.
- Good organizational skills
- Highly motivated
- Takes pride in their work
- Ability to work and even thrive in ambiguity and unrefined requirements
- Ability to take accountability for successes and failures
- Innovative and ambitious
- Affinity for tough problems and challenges
- Does not get discouraged by change or failures
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)