Technical Support Engineer (L2)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be part of a highly skilled Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services team responsible for overall success of Philips customers, utilizing our suite of medical imaging products. The Software Technical Support Level 2 will be responsible for support our installation and customer support teams at a senior level.
You are responsible for
- Analyzing break/fix issues and working with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs, ensuring all customers receive prompt and courteous support enabling the highest possible customer satisfaction.
- Working through the resolution of technical service issues according to standard processes/procedures and specialized understanding of complex product issues.
- Ensuring all critical cases or highly complex situations are quickly transferred to appropriate senior staff member for immediate attention and proper escalation, while logging all service data required for tracking.
- Maintaining a high level of technical competence on Philips solutions and related technologies, while acting as subject matter expert on specific product group(s).
- Sharing best practices, knowledge and learning with team and the global support community to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support.
- Working with customers, development teams or level 1 support teams to resolve product issues.
- Advising and coaching level 1 and/or technical consultants on the identification and resolution of issues or system build or configuration performing and documenting this knowledge.
- Participating in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products and to improve overall product quality.
You are a part of
Philips Enterprise Diagnostic Informatics (EDI) Business Group (BG), which provides affordable and integrated informatics solutions for health systems. We believe that by enabling intelligent decision-making and improving clinical pathways, our solutions will lead to better clinical, operational and financial outcomes across the health continuum. You will report directly to the S Senior Manager of Customer Support.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience/Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (BA / BS) in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred or equivalent experience with at least 10 years of experience
- Experience with Philips Radiology and/or Cardiology products (required) and a firm background in DICOM and HL7
- Understanding of network configuration (DNS, VPN, IP Proxy, TCP IP, load balancers) and expertise with Windows systems administration (Win 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, XP, WIN7) and SQL (2000 through 2014)
- Experience with information and application security, including public key encryption, SSH, access credentials, and X.509 certificates
- Requires highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to take on this pivotal role, providing you the opportunity to leverage your diverse IT background. By using your knowledge and expertise with DICOM, Windows, scripting and networking skills, you will assist in delivering our healthcare platform services to a broad set of internal and external customers.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)