Senior Software Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
We are looking for a talented senior software engineer who is passionate about building software and innovating in the telehealth space. This includes designing and developing new features and components for the eICU product line which is used to remotely care for 1000’s of critically-ill patient every day.
You are responsible for
- Writing code!
- Driving technical discussions to create a high quality software
- Defining templates, best practices, and automated quality gates necessary to ensure consistent implementation of components across team
- Participating and driving architecture, design reviews for selected components
- Leading execution and demonstrate end to end ownership of complex, technical features to successful completion
- Formulating creative solutions to difficult problems
- Collaborating with clinicians, product owners, testers, and other software developers in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ensuring a high level of software quality by following standards, writing unit tests, and automating as many tests as possible before delivery.
- Providing coaching and technical mentorship to junior engineers
You are a part of
Patient Care Analytics is chartered with leading the informatics revolution within the Critical Care healthcare space.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience developing software preferably with Microsoft Windows-based applications
- Object oriented programming in a language such as C#
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Communication and collaboration with scrum teams on design and breakdown of features
- Software development experience with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio and the .NET Framework
- Developing applications with MS SQL Server Platform
- Experience with ASP.Net / MVC 4
- Cloud solutions such as Azure, AWS or Google
- CI/CD experience preferably with Git and Azure DevOps
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative, cross-functional international environment with great opportunities for you to explore. You will be working at the heart of one of the growth areas within Philips. Many opportunities to learn and grow, using an extensive set of tools and support from our business. A workplace geared to support new development methods. An enthusiastic and fast-growing team that works closely together and collaborates globally.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)