Embedded Engineer III
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives. Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
Philips Oral HealthCare I&D Product Development Embedded Systems Team is seeking an embedded engineer with experience in the wireless domains. The embedded systems team is made up of electrical and software engineers and is responsible mainly for the electronics/SW/FW in our products. We support the development of new technologies for I&D and provide input into the User Interface with other groups in the company as well. Through your expertise you will be expected to help decrease the time to market and improve the quality of the embedded team's contribution to the Innovation-to-Market process.
As an Embedded Systems Engineer III for high-volume consumer medical devices, you should be capable of architecting, designing, documenting, and implementing high quality embedded firmware/software/electronics on multiple platforms across multiple product ranges.
This includes but is not limited to:
• Embedded software development in the C and assembly programming languages on 8-bit micro-controllers up to 32 bit microcontrollers.
• Document, manage, and help to define/obtain/refine requirements, design docs, design reviews and verification procedures,
• Help establish consistent ways of working with respect to embedded system electronics/software/firmware
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
• 5+ years’ experience in embedded software development in a professional organization, ideally in the Medical Device industry.
• Experience in defining, designing, documenting, testing and implementing embedded firmware for 8-bit up to 32-bit microcontrollers using C and assembly language (including integration with target hardware) in a regulated industry (FDA strongly preferred).
• Hands-on knowledge of small micro-controllers, and analog interfaces is expected.
• Able to use tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, IDE’s and emulators for debug and test
• Understanding of board and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review analog and digital circuit schematics.
• Experience in wireless technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, etc.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)