3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on June 26, 2020

Embedded Engineer III

Full-time in Bothell, WA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Embedded Engineer III

Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve.  With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.  Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development.  With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.

Philips Oral HealthCare I&D Product Development Embedded Systems Team is seeking an embedded engineer with experience in the wireless domains.  The embedded systems team is made up of electrical and software engineers and is responsible mainly for the electronics/SW/FW in our products.  We support the development of new technologies for I&D and provide input into the User Interface with other groups in the company as well. Through your expertise you will be expected to help decrease the time to market and improve the quality of the embedded team's contribution to the Innovation-to-Market process.

As an Embedded Systems Engineer III for high-volume consumer medical devices, you should be capable of architecting, designing, documenting, and implementing high quality embedded firmware/software/electronics on multiple platforms across multiple product ranges.

This includes but is not limited to:

• Embedded software development in the C and assembly programming languages on 8-bit micro-controllers up to 32 bit microcontrollers.

• Document, manage, and help to define/obtain/refine requirements, design docs, design reviews and verification procedures,

• Help establish consistent ways of working with respect to embedded system electronics/software/firmware

Requirements:

• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering.

• 5+ years’ experience in embedded software development in a professional organization, ideally in the Medical Device industry.

• Experience in defining, designing, documenting, testing and implementing embedded firmware for 8-bit up to 32-bit microcontrollers using C and assembly language (including integration with target hardware) in a regulated industry (FDA strongly preferred).

• Hands-on knowledge of small micro-controllers, and analog interfaces is expected.

• Able to use tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, IDE’s and emulators for debug and test

• Understanding of board and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review analog and digital circuit schematics.

• Experience in wireless technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, etc.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1