Logistics Supervisor (Second shift)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Supervise the Distribution team in our Carlsbad facility, while taking responsibility for incoming receipt, manufacturing material support and distribution.
You are responsible for
- Overseeing incoming receipt of raw material, distribution raw material to MFG and ensuring distribution of finished goods is on time and accurate.
- Ensuring warehouse and shipping performance, volume, quality and daily goals are met, by proactively identifying and resolving capacity and resource bottlenecks.
- Executing and/or supporting projects, goals and metrics.
- Initiating, sponsoring and driving material control related continuous improvement efforts using LEAN methods.
- Representing the logistics function in cross-functional projects and meetings.
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating resources in manufacturing support, material control and final distribution.
- Setting warehousing and distribution priorities to support customer delivery commitments.
- Training new hires and develop existing employees on all logistics functions.
You are a part of
The Monitoring and Analytics (MA) & Therapeutic Care Supply Chain OPS Logistics business group, within the Connected Care business cluster. The Connected Care business is bringing together monitoring and therapeutic devices, software and services to create smart solutions to deliver on the quadruple aim of value-based healthcare (improved health outcomes, improved patient experience, improved staff satisfaction and lower cost of care). You will report to the Distribution Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates Degree (required [Bachelor’s Degree – preferred])
- 3 + years’ experience in a supervisory role in warehousing and/or distribution environment within a regulated industry (Medical Device, Pharma, Electronics, Food, etc.) (required)
- Must possess advanced computer skills with MS Excel and ERP/MRP systems (SAP preferred)
- Must possess strong leadership skills, as well as, facilitation, motivation and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to resolve conflict situations.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to manage a team of warehouse and distribution employees who are supporting our manufacturing team assembling our ventilator devices and end customers in need of our product. You will have the chance to make process improvements, so we can continue to positively impact the lives of our customers through manufacturing quality products.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)