In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Join us designing the life-saving equipment needed to increase sudden cardiac arrest survival rates. We work in a place where survivors come and thank us for doing our jobs. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) product development team. An AED design must survive in demanding environments, integrate with high energy electronics to deliver the life-saving shock, and meet requirements for global distribution. The development test equipment design is equally broad and challenging. Our mission is to design, produce, and deliver every solution as if the life of someone we love depends on it. Every day, we empower and enable our customers – from clinicians, paramedics, and first responders to the everyman – to save lives using our innovative, market leading technology. This position is the lead mechanical engineer for a defibrillator monitor. The role includes working with a development and manufacturing team in Bothell and around the world. Mechanical engineering expertise includes plastic molding, rugged design, water and dust sealing, connectors and cables, display and user interface design.
- Mechanical design of defibrillator/monitor and accessories.
- Product design and improvements.
- Hardware verification testing and issue resolution.
- Ensure that design practices and procedures are in compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role or comparable experience.
- 5+ years of experience with electronics packaging and molded part design or comparable experience.
- Experience developing and manufacturing products on globally distributed teams.
- Ability to support 10% travel.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Additional education in related field.
- 3+ years of experience working in a regulated industry.
- Medical product design experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.