Mechanical Design Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Bring new to the world innovations to the market to expand the product portfolio and realize business growth for Philips Oral Healthcare (Sonicare & Zoom)
You are responsible for
- Contributing Mechanical Design as a member of the overall design team in development projects.
- The Design Engineer uses his/her skills, curiosity and inventiveness to combine novel technology with user insight to lead the team in designing parts and assemblies for new to the world innovations.
- Concept development and Mechanical Design of new products as well as modifications to existing products (power toothbrushes, interdental cleaners, chargers, whitening treatments and accessories).
- Regular interaction with local and international manufacturing suppliers as well as technology consultants, with occasional international travel possible.
- Contribute as a Design Engineer while collaborating with electrical/software engineers, manufacturing engineers, marketing manager, industrial designer and product quality engineers, all working together in the same location.
You are a part of
The Design Engineer is a member of a 30 people Product Design team reporting into the large R&D group in Oral Healthcare.
New products are developed by cross-functional project teams led by a Project Manager. The Design Engineers in the team have a broad range of work experience, culture and industries. They are empowered and driven to work together to deliver new innovations that matter.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Completed Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 5 years of relevant experience or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Product Design for Mass Manufacturing, in particular injection molded parts, sheet metal parts and small parts assembly.
- Understanding of and interest in Electro-mechanical, Mechanical and Physical principles
- Practical CAD experience, Creo 3.0 preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Critical eye to detail
- The desire to work on projects that change people’s lives
- Curious and inventive attitude
In return, we offer you
Philips Oral Healthcare creates meaningful innovations that improve people's lives; our products help provide better health and more beautiful smiles across the globe. Philips Oral Healthcare provides an opportunity to grow and develop leadership skills and product design skills; working with an energetic and cross-functional team. The role provides access to a large network of other Philips teams working on wide range of products from electric razors to medical equipment.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)